Tuesday or Wednesday ride (NOR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday or Wednesday ride (NOR)

Not sure what the etiquette is here guys ... I don't feel sure about going on a night ride with loads of other bikes, I've only had a few lessons so far. So I won't (yet). But I want to get more experience between my lessons ... ! I hate being off work all day and having the new bike just sitting there

So is it OK to ask, if anybody is willing to collect me from my place sometime and we'll just ride the 2 of us? Hit somewhere for lunch or something I guess, maybe just 1 - 2 hours? I'm in Joondalup.

Delete this thread if not appropriate but no harm in asking I figured.
    ** NEW! Chat with the G-Force on #psb (irc.gamesurge.net) ... Now to actually get some friends ... **
    "Lane Filtering is a spontaneous outburst of good sense in world smothered in twitchy and ever expanding safety margins."

hey gary,
    there's a list of available shadows here:
    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ows-v8-106799/
    also PM mufasa, he's happy to shadow newbies around. good luck.

Comment

Hi how ya going? I know what ya mean, I have just recently got my licence Wednesday to be exact. I am also looking for someone to go for a ride with just a couple of hours maybe in the evening. If u find a shadow rider I would be keen to tag along if ok.

Comment

Hi there. I recently got my licence too and like you both - would like to do a ride . I dont know if i can be your shadow and hope someone can give some advise. cheers

Comment

I live in NOR, and missed out on Stoney's ride this week (thought it was going to be Thursday). If it's not raining tomorrow I'm sure I could help out after work (any excuse for a ride is a good one). Is there anything in particular you feel you need to focus on? or is it just riding in general?

Comment

Originally posted by smiley1 View Post
            Hi there. I recently got my licence too and like you both - would like to do a ride . I dont know if i can be your shadow and hope someone can give some advise. cheers
            I know you did need to have held your full licence for at least twelve months, it could be more these days

Comment

Its 4 years to shadow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetcheeks View Post
                Its 4 years to shadow.

That's definately more than twelve month's these days, I got mine years ago

Comment

Originally posted by ZX900R View Post
                  I live in NOR, and missed out on Stoney's ride this week (thought it was going to be Thursday). If it's not raining tomorrow I'm sure I could help out after work (any excuse for a ride is a good one). Is there anything in particular you feel you need to focus on? or is it just riding in general?
                  Just experience on the road. I leave the U-turns and stops for my paid lessons.... I just want to get out and RIDE MY BIKE

Anyway I am free every weekday from 3:30pm, obviously you'd get a tank of fuel and a beer, depends where we ride I guess.
                  ** NEW! Chat with the G-Force on #psb (irc.gamesurge.net) ... Now to actually get some friends ... **
                  "Lane Filtering is a spontaneous outburst of good sense in world smothered in twitchy and ever expanding safety margins."

Comment

I know the that feeling, I've been riding for years but still can't get enough. Just PM me your details or mbl number and I'll get back to you

Comment

PM received, just checked incoming weather, more rain coming with 30kmh winds. If you want to get wet weather practise I don't mind, but might be wise to feel more confident in the dry first. Tomorrow is fine with me, can be down your way at about 3.30. The wind will be down to 10kmh and should be clear by the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by TimTam View Post
                        Hi how ya going? I know what ya mean, I have just recently got my licence Wednesday to be exact. I am also looking for someone to go for a ride with just a couple of hours maybe in the evening. If u find a shadow rider I would be keen to tag along if ok.
                        Originally posted by smiley1 View Post
                        I'll be taking Gray out tomorrow afternoon, meeting point if you want to tag along will be Joondalup s/centre car park near Muzz Buzz (behind Hungry Jacks) at 3.45pm.
                        Although I enjoy a fast pace once in a while, I will be shadowing a learner rider and intend on staying within speed limits. It is your responsibility to ride within your own limits, if you fall behind we will wait, if you want to lead thats fine too, but if you want to race don't bother coming.
                        I found this on the forum the other day and would encourage all riders to read this PACE YOURSELF

Comment

I've suggested a run to Freo, down West Coast Hwy, stop for a brew or a bite, then back whatever way has less traffic. But we'll sort it out tomorrow! I'm easy.

Comment

i would love to have joined you but am working tomorrow. i am free on Mondays, so if another ride comes up - i would love to join you. I havent ridden in wet weather yet and am jealous !
                            cheers

Comment

Lol don't be jealous ... My shoes still aren't dry 2 days later

Comment

Working...
                              X