Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numduc Rally 4th, 5th and 6th of June

Hello all.
    I might be flogging a dead horse with this one but I could not find a thread that mentioned the up and coming NumDuc rally in any detail.
    It will be held on the 4th, 5th and 6th of June at Dowerin.
    The club had a firewood collecting day a couple of weeks ago and the local council pitched in with trucks. Wood was collected from around town so there will be a big bon-fire in 'the pit' and stacks of wood for individual fires. Catering is on-site if you do not feel like taking your own cooking gear. As usual there is drinking water and porta dunnies...... (Maybe I should not have put those two in the same sentence). The Ducati Owners Club have thrown down a couple of thousand bucks for fireworks and the last NumDuc had a fireworks display that went for over half an hour, and that was not just one or two here and there!
    Anyway, thatï؟½s the rundown. More details are available at docwa.com.au
    Hope to see you there.
    Scott.
    Advise from my Psychiatrist. "Life wasn't meant to be easy". Such a nice thought to wake up to every morning. The pills help though

havent been for a coupla years, and i'm home that weekend so might have to try and be there. missus didnt say no when i mentioned it, so i'm half way there already
    "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Hah!
      It sounds like you're half way there!
      I'm lucky that I just have to mention the DumDuc and there are no arguments with the Missus. She knows I like the Rally's so the weekend is planned months in advance.
      I'm a member of the club so the only decision I have to make now is if I am going to ride (fun) or do the charitable thing and take the ute with the bike rescue trailer on the back. At least that way I can do pub runs in the ute for those who want a drink but have had to many to go to the pub themselves.
      Decisions........Decisions.
      Scott.
      Advise from my Psychiatrist. "Life wasn't meant to be easy". Such a nice thought to wake up to every morning. The pills help though

Comment

Does anyone know how to get this rally information up on the forum page permanently untill the rally is here. I can try to contact the Administrator but if anyone knows the accepted way of doing this already, could you let me know.
        Scott.

Comment

I'll be there for sure. Went to the Numbat last year but missed the last Numduc. It may be my first year with car & trailer as junior wants to take his dirtbike.
          Love the legend, Kawasaki Z 900/ Z 1000, the Mother of all Big Kawas!
          sigpic
          2007 ZRX 1200R
          1977 Z 1000 A1
          http://www.bikepics.com/members/cruelcheffy/

Comment

Good on yah!
            There are usually a few chook chasers at the site.
            I was just talking to some guys from the club and I said the same thing about taking the ute. A bit sad really but I'm doing the charity thing. I'll drag the three bike trailer in case someone's bike has a hickup and the ute will be handy for pub runs if people get too much drink into them to ride/drive.
            Scott.

Comment

Definitely gonna try harder to get there this year...been far too feeble and haven't been to a rally since I moved over here.

Comment

A few mates from the Z Owners Club will come along too, and since I have the trailer I am sure I will have to play support vehicle and carry all their shit too.
                Love the legend, Kawasaki Z 900/ Z 1000, the Mother of all Big Kawas!
                sigpic
                2007 ZRX 1200R
                1977 Z 1000 A1
                http://www.bikepics.com/members/cruelcheffy/

Comment

Sounds good Lou. I hope you have a great time! The ride is not too bad either. I just hope the weather will be a repeat of this weekend coming!
                  I hear yah cruelcheffy. I think I'll be doing the support ute thing too! I'm tidying up the bike trailer now just incase there are some breakdowns. I know I'd be gratefull for a free taxi ride back to Perth if anything happened to me. I'll have tools in the back and I'll probably be doing some pub runs to if anyone needs anything. Head over to the DOCWA camp or ask for Scott at the tent.
                  Scott.

Comment

If anyone has a problem with their bikes at the site or if you're within kooee of the site with a breakdown, get someone to tell me and I'll come and pick you up. Look for the white Navara with the bike trailer at the DOCWA area or near the front entrance. I might have my chook chaser on the back but there will be room for two more.
                    Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by cruelcheffy View Post
                      A few mates from the Z Owners Club will come along too, and since I have the trailer I am sure I will have to play support vehicle and carry all their shit too.
                      Z Owners you say? Don't suppose you've stumbled across Moggy & Mudguard? Had some feral fun with Muddy at Broadford, allegedly. Was very lucky we didn't get unstuck by the 'random' breath testing leaving that one. Or the pipe bombs. I was so proud that day, I rode the 'storm across the sloping field, and the drag strip, to get to our campsite, then got drunk to celebrate my achievement (I hate riding on dirt even more than I hate being a short-arse), so the rest is a bit sketchy. Good times indeedy.

Comment

Sounds good Lou.
                        We used to have all sorts of stuff like that going on. Spud guns, out of date flares from container boats (milk crates full of them) and the good old bin bag hot air ballons. We would let the bin bag ballons get a bit high and start taking pot shots at them with flares and spud guns. We soon worked out that the chinese flares do a loop and come back at you so you have to light it and run!
                        We also had an old commodore that we trashed so we filled the rear wheels up with oxy-ecetalene and with a quarter of a tank of fuel in it, we backed it into the bonfire. That did not go off untill everyone was going to sleep! Good times. Oh, yeh. All this happened alegidly.

Comment

Gotta go to an 80th in albany. It'll be the second one I have missed since the 1980's.

Comment

The second one you have missed since the eighties is a pretty good record!
                            I wish I was able to make it to that many. I remember when it used to be the Black Duck and the Numbat as the biannually rallies.
                            I also remember getting caught in a deluge of rain one year coming back from a Black Duck rally.
                            Scott.

Comment

I've never been to a numduc so this question may seem a little strange.
                              Would the twelve year old daughter be out of place?

I just checked with the missus and she would love to come.
                              But given she goes for her license on the third we would probably drive up.
                              That means we can tow one of your support trailers and let one of you ride. (If you would like me to)

Would the kid be welcome or what?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X