Isle of Man 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isle of Man 2011

Anyone going this year? will be there for a couple of days to take in the Superbike event...maybe Guy Martin's first win...we live in hope
    When someone demands blind obedience, you'd be a fool not to peek.
    Jim Fiebig

I'm flying over next Saturday.
    Christie. 1972-2012. RIP my dear friend. Never forgotten.

Comment

Thursday!!!

JD

Comment

yep...i'll be there for the two weeks. just commented on your vrf12 thread. if you see a silver one with a www.perthstreetbikes.com.au sticker low on the tank, say hi

Comment

What sort of dollar figure would i be looking at to see the TT ??
          "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

I'm interested in the costs too.
            If someone is willing to divulge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapa'n'crasha
            When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Originally posted by lobes89
            Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

Yeah im dead set keen on going over for the 2012 TT... can u hire bikes there?!?! prob cheaper than freighting your own..
              Whattup b*tches Max is here. :o

Comment

I know a guy who went 2011... took his ZX12 - cost about 6K to get it over and back...

been thinking of doing it 2013... Donk know about hiring bikes.. but I was thinking of buying one over there, using it and selling it afterwards, you would lose a bit, but its gotta be cheaper then 6K.... mind you it would be nice having your own wheels... just not sure if its 6K nice....
                Originally posted by mekon
                Fucking fairweather hairdressers. Sell your bike and buy a mx5. Sorry Jeff.

Comment

$6k would be a good figure if you go with a company that does all the arranging for you(shipping/accomm/ferry). Accomm on the island can be costly as with the ferry fares that more than double for the two weeks. Cost me about £500 for 4 months insurance/roadside covering the EU. Met quite a few riders who bought a bike over there as they are cheap as chips. Weighing up having your own bike verses a bought one where you don't know its mechanical history is the hard decision point. Don't count on getting insurance if you buy one there. Insurance companies seem to want a local license.

But......it's really worth going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tonka128 View Post
                    I know a guy who went 2011... took his ZX12 - cost about 6K to get it over and back...

been thinking of doing it 2013... Donk know about hiring bikes.. but I was thinking of buying one over there, using it and selling it afterwards, you would lose a bit, but its gotta be cheaper then 6K.... mind you it would be nice having your own wheels... just not sure if its 6K nice....
                    Planning on going 2013 with the wife then do 6 or so weeks in europe will be taking our bike as hiring for that sort of time is exe and also buying can be a pain being stuck trying to unload somethng by a date or finding out its got problems and your stuck with a lemon for the duration of the trip. cant wait. pretty sure you can get the bike there and back for 3 or 4 k. on the ship my bike website also had a package wich includes some accomodation for the TT for about 6k.
                    In a Land Rover your car is the crumple zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                      What sort of dollar figure would i be looking at to see the TT ??
                      Bump
                      "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

I lookked at booking the other day, about three days ago.
                        a year in advance is a better idea it seams, could only find one room (for 1), i did not want to camp .

So its of for me this year
                        Starting to think about next year now .
                        REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                        (anarchy in english )

Comment

We saved about 10g's for the both of us... I reckon you could do it for about 4g's per person (if you are there for the full two weeks)...

I will advise though that you need to sort out you accommodation well in advance... Failing this, look at the 'homestay' options too (this is what we did) - as the Isle of Man has limited hotel numbers - they have this 'homestay' arrangement to assist when "TT Fortnight" comes around!

Must have Manx bacon - it is simply the best tasting bacon EVER!!!!

Hope this helps....

JD

Comment

I've never used them however there was a guy at the track recently who was handing out his business card... TT Motorcycle Tours
                            “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                              I've never used them however there was a guy at the track recently who was handing out his business card... TT Motorcycle Tours
                              Yeah - that's my mate Murray - he can get your bike over there for the event!!

JD

Comment

Working...
                              X