Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

- Newbie, Weekly Social Ride, Thursday 11th August, 2011

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Learner - Newbie, Weekly Social Ride, Thursday 11th August, 2011

    The rides cater for confident learners and new riders, as well as those just looking for a cruisey ride or to help Perth learners gain more experience on the roads before they go for their tests.

    Meet point - Causeway Bike shops

    Meet 6.15pm - Leave 6.45pm

    Hint for the ride - Water all around

    Read this, please the Learner - Newbie Rides - What to expect

    Need a shadow?? if so go here or ask nicely in the thread




    PLEASE READ THESE 10 POINTS

    1. Learners please make sure you are capable of riding in traffic at night, maybe even arrange with a shadow to take you out one on one a night or two before.
    2. Shadows, especially new ones, myself or the CM's (Corner Marker's) haven't met, Please make sure the learner you pick up is capable of riding in traffic at night, if you think they aren't ready for it, either bring them to the meet point to say Hi and then take them home again (we'll tell you where the dinner stop is so you can catch us up) or let them know that you don't think they are ready and take them for a small ride around their area.
    3. New riders (those that haven't attended before) Please introduce yourself to me or one of the CM's in Green vests, if you can't find us, ASK!!
    4. Newly Licenced riders, Please make yourself known to myself and/or a CM, you are also requested to ride near the front of the ride until you are familiar with how things work.
    5. Learner riders Please make sure you park your bikes at the
    front or out in the open, don't get boxed in, this will make it easier when we come to leave.
    6. ALL riders Please listen to the ride briefing, give each other plenty of room and we should all arrive at our destinations safe and happy
    7. As posted, these rides are for Learners to gain road time before their tests, some nights are slower than others, depending on the ride route and which riders turn up, if you want to do high jinks or the ride is too slow for you, Please leave at an appropriate place i.e. road junction, traffic lights etc. When you leave, Please make sure that you have been seen waving that you aren't continuing on the ride, if someone follows you, Please stop and let them know what you are doing, so that they have time to rejoin the ride.
    8. If you are coming along to show off or piss fart around - then Piss off, take your friends and do your own ride.
    9. All are welcome as long as they are prepared to behave and enjoy the ride for what it is.
    10. Don't pass Stoneville unless you are a CM!
    Last edited by Stoneville; 06-08-2011, 11:10 PM.

  • #2
    In first


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The propeller is just a big fan in the front of the plane to keep the pilot cool. Want proof? Make it stop; then watch the pilot break out into a sweat

    Comment


    • #3
      In again on the 675...pending shadow

      Comment


      • #4
        weather permitting (and bike permitting), will be in
        yes, i am ignorant
        yes, i am a prick
        no, i don't care
        you make me sick

        Comment


        • #5
          why is the run mostly evening times and not weekends early morning?

          Comment


          • #6
            in!!! with back warmer as well
            Last edited by Billy; 09-08-2011, 06:10 PM.
            "pain is temporary glory is forever" - unknown

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rsoption View Post
              why is the run mostly evening times and not weekends early morning?
              mm well it goes like this, I sleep in, in the morning on the weekends. We do go out once a month, maybe get in contact with the shadow in your area and see if you can organise something with them. BTW where is S.O.R., not sure where that suburb is? South of Rockingham? it helps to put the suburb in your profile if you're chasing shadows as they like to think if they are prepared to travel to you or if you're just around the corner you might get more offering.

              Comment


              • #8
                Out... Thailand here we come - have fun.

                See you on the next one, Thursday sounds good for the next one sandra huh huh
                Live life on the limit!!!

                Holder of Man Card #009

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
                  mm well it goes like this, I sleep in, in the morning on the weekends. We do go out once a month, maybe get in contact with the shadow in your area and see if you can organise something with them. BTW where is S.O.R., not sure where that suburb is? South of Rockingham? it helps to put the suburb in your profile if you're chasing shadows as they like to think if they are prepared to travel to you or if you're just around the corner you might get more offering.
                  Hmmm ... Here goes ...

                  1. Whats a shadow? No intention of being funny nor wanting to sound stupid but I was under the impression shadow is a R class rider following a L plate rider?
                  2. SOR = South of the River. I stay in Bentley which is near the BP (Albany Hwy) where the meeting point sometimes are scheduled at.
                  3. Been looking at how to change the profile info but getting nowhere, tomorrow might spend sometime to figure that out.
                  4. Why isnt the travel route published on the thread? Because of the cops?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Out (of the country)
                    "Just let her crash and burn, she'll learn. The attention just encourages her."
                    -- Amanda Palmer

                    Rocco: We could kill *everyone.*
                    Murphy: So what do you think?
                    Connor: I'm strangely comfortable with it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Maybe ....
                      ** NEW! Chat with the G-Force on #psb (irc.gamesurge.net) ... Now to actually get some friends ... **
                      "Lane Filtering is a spontaneous outburst of good sense in world smothered in twitchy and ever expanding safety margins."


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rsoption View Post
                        Hmmm ... Here goes ...

                        1. Whats a shadow? No intention of being funny nor wanting to sound stupid but I was under the impression shadow is a R class rider following a L plate rider?
                        2. SOR = South of the River. I stay in Bentley which is near the BP (Albany Hwy) where the meeting point sometimes are scheduled at.
                        3. Been looking at how to change the profile info but getting nowhere, tomorrow might spend sometime to figure that out.
                        4. Why isnt the travel route published on the thread? Because of the cops?
                        Shadow - accompanies L rider, must have licence for 4 years for whatever class they are shadowing
                        Bentley - more like Central to me
                        To change suburb - Top right hand sides - Settings, My setting left handside, then, General settings
                        Travel route not published for that and other reasons, plus people like surprises as well

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Could be in depending on the meet point.
                          Originally posted by out_in_front
                          #4: Pillion gets treated like they are made of glass and irreplaceable - I don't want that shit on my hands if I make a mistake doing something silly.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I agree, surprises are fun. these things are for the social aspect as well not just how to get from A to B, and to build confindence for learners on the bike. knowing the route takes away half the fun, I like playing follow the leader but that could just be me
                            "pain is temporary glory is forever" - unknown

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hopefully in for this one, prolly my favourite route

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X