Tips for first timers on the track!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for first timers on the track!!

Just founds some old notes from Racecraft day. May help first timers on Race track.

Bike Preperation
    Tape up Head lights, Tail lights, Mirrors, Speedo, Rear foot pegs closed.
    Check Flued levels.
    Check Tyre pressures.

Track Etiquette
    Stay left unless passing.
    Only be concerned with what's in front of you.
    Do not stop at accidents, Inform Marshall at pit lane.
    No dive bombing other riders.
    Don't pass other riders when they are tipping into the corner.

Turn 1
    Has an increasing radius of almost 180 degrees. Race line starts on extreme left of track, usually braking towards the middle of the track, bike is tipped in when nearly level with join in bitumen and takes a gradual turn to the apex and then follows kerb on the exit until upright.
    Turn 2
    Left hand part of the esses, this corner becomes more important the faster you go, late exit.
    Turn 3
    Right hand part of the esses, look out for the bump and crest at the apex of the corner. This corner is straightened as much as possible by holding the previous left hand corner longer. Apex here is essentially the start of turn 4.
    Turn 4
    Left hand turn, positive camber, uphill, increasing radious turn. Consider little or no braking into this corner. From turn 3 apex, aim for mid track then push over to a late entry about a metre from kerb, follow kerb for late exit.
    Turn 5
    Right hand corner uphill, followed by crest and negative camber on exit. Fastest corner on track.
    Turn 6
    Down hill entry followed by uphill exit, mostly positive camber, nearly 180 degree increasing radius turn. Brake to middle of track, apex near break in kerbing, exit riding parallel to kerb and drift left for back straight.
    Back Straight
    Stay left unless passing, tank slappers possible from crest of hill, left side of crest smooth, right side peaked.
    Turn 7
    90 degree uphill entry, positive camber right hand turn, stay left then tip into corner (look for painted reference points for braking & tip in points) If you run wide and go on wrong side of ripple strip, slow down and ride though dummy grid and re enter track.

Remember Ride Within Your limits and Enjoy the Day

See you all there

kewl
    Love
    Nick :twisted:

Comment

thanx calvin ......

(tip #99 follow calvin .... if u can keep up )
      Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

thanx calvin ......

(tip #99 follow calvin .... if u can keep up )
        Yeah, good luck in keeping up with the man!

Great description of the track Cal, nice work!

Comment

i reakon the two fiddy got wat it takes

Comment

Well I'll be having someone keep count of the amount of times you get lapped.

Comment

or i lap him ..

Comment

aaww..isnt Hewie cute when hes being an idiot?

Comment

aaww..isnt Hewie cute when hes being an idiot?
                  Dont be mean, let the poor boy dream
                  Originally posted by vk6hgr
                  My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

here..... let me help...

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

I'll do it as I lap 'im for ya bro, he will get sick of that contageous v-twin thump I can tell you!!
                      Quote: "What do i like about the GP?......The Crumpet I S&#39;pose" <span style="font-family:Times">The Late Barry Sheene &#39;01</span>

Comment

and watchout for snakes in the bushes and sometimes on the track.
                        :?

Comment

Turn 1
                          Decide that picking an oil patch as a braking marker wasn’t the best idea. Scrub off enough speed to get into the corner. Get your knee down half way round - think you’re good. Get passed by 15 year old on a 125 around the outside.
                          Turn 2
                          Left hand part of the esses, not going fast enough to notice this is a corner
                          Turn 3
                          Right hand part of the esses, hit bump at apex of corner.
                          Turn 4
                          Left hand turn, positive camber, uphill, increasing radius turn. Brake too much and realise you could have gone faster. Watch out for 15 year olds going around the outside again.
                          Turn 5
                          Right hand corner uphill, followed by crest and negative camber on exit. Shit yourself when you realise how fast you are going - and that you can't really see where the track goes.
                          Turn 6
                          Down hill entry followed by uphill exit, mostly positive camber, nearly 180 degree increasing radius turn. Marvel at how the ten people you have seen go through this corner have had ten totally different lines. Feel like you're at the bottom of a roller coaster ride.
                          Back Straight
                          Try to do a wheelie at the crest of the hill. Remember you can’t do wheelies. Spend the rest of the straight wishing you could.
                          Turn 7
                          90 degree uphill entry, positive camber right hand turn, watch out for 15 year olds braking 30m after you. Wobble around the corner then gas it down the straight. Wave to the crowd. Do it all again.
                          Pits
                          Return to the pits. Take helmet off. Wonder why your cheeks hurt. It’s because you look like this dude…

Comment

Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

Love it Jarrid, nice one.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Working...
                              X