Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event [updated details] Donation cruise for James on 26/2 8pm

Hi all,
    the cruised has been organised and details have been confirmed.

In memory of James Tan, a great man whose time was cut short, there will be a charity cruise run on the 26th of February at 8pm for a 8.30pm departure from Riverton Shopping Centre Carpark on Willeri Drive.

The cruise will travel further south to the spot where James had... his unfortunate accident. There will also be a moment of silence in memory of James in which his girlfriend Hong will lay a cross and flowers - if you would like to say something you remember about James at this point it is also encouraged to share with everyone. Donations will be taken for James' family, so please give generously in this grieving time for them.

Please invite anyone that knew James and would like to be a part of this event to cruise in memory of him, and celebrate his short yet remarkable life. James was well-known in the car and bike enthusiast scene for having great style and being a happy and friendly face amongst us, so please adhere to the road rules in respect to James and his family.

I hope to see you all there to remember James Tan; a loving son, brother, friend and boyfriend.

Please advise only people who knows James and for those who was at the accident to attend to keep the number down.
    Last edited by connorling; 09-02-2012, 12:02 PM. Reason: update details

In to show my respects. Unsure if I'll be riding or driving at this stage.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

In for this. Good idea connorling.
      Originally posted by devolved
      I did once have a chick yell "Take me with you" as I rode past on my GT250 once, I can only imagine the chick-pulling power of the 650.

Comment

Im def in depending I have my bike. How is it all going to work? As in the donations?im def gonna donate.
        Work to ride, and ride to work.

Comment

In great idea

Comment

Will try and be there for this

Comment

definitely in.

Comment

I'll be in for this as most of my mates as JDM people. Will be on bike pending bike.
                RAM MOTOSPORT ZX10 RR#191

Comment

Great idea!

Just a suggestion and I mean this in the nicest possible way, with no intent to offend any members of JDMWA or any other clubs that attend...

Perhaps its a given anyway, but iid like to see / have a bit of a segregation between bikes and cars for the event. I know you have said that the ride will be slow and cruisy, but as always things can go wrong and we all know that there have been many accidents that were not intended while on cruises.

Im in and id like to think ill come on the bike, but id have to consider taking the car if the bikes are going to be in and around the cars on the cruise. Id be comfortable on the bike if we as a group left a bit of a gap and sat behind the cars, but im not too sure id like to be sitting out in front with no control over anything happening behind me...

But - In.
                  See ya there!
                  Last edited by Dirty32; 06-02-2012, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Agreed ^^

Check out my K7 GSX-R 750

Comment

From experience with other combined cruises I think the bikes being at the back is a great idea. When emotions are high sometimes we all lose a little in the concentration arena.

I'll definitely be there Connor.
                      "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

it will definately a slow cruise, jdmwa crew and myself will control the speed, and if anyone doing anything stupid, they will be asked to leave with no tolerance, because it is very disrespectful to the family and people who were involved.

myself and jdmwa crew are gaining permission to do this donation run, will keep you guys update.

Comment

Shedman 1300 and myself will be attending.

Comment

Ill be attenting on bike slong with a mate

Comment

I'm in for this cause. I hope the family and yourself are ok. Give us more details of the ride close to date.

Comment

Working...
                              X