Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perth to Pilbara Cross Country Adventure October

Hey all,
    You could call me crazy but Im looking for fellow riders as I venture to travel to the Pilbara from Perth on my Cruiser over a 3 day period. I have never attempted this kind of distance before and want to embark on this challenging journey with other dare devils. My plan is:

11th - 13th of October ..
    Friday - Perth to Geraldton 433Km
    Saturday - Geraldton to Coral Bay 706Km
    Sunday - Coral Bay to Paraburdoo 529Km

Weekend choice is flexible but Im almost dead set*. Reply this thread, Text or call 0418982288 for expressions of interest

If you have done a similar ride before all advice will be appreciated

Cheers

Matt

Just one question:

3 days riding hundreds of kms on some of the most boring, straight roads in the state to a destination that's a strong contender for biggest shithole in WA. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by BenG View Post
      Just one question:

3 days riding hundreds of kms on some of the most boring, straight roads in the state to a destination that's a strong contender for biggest shithole in WA. Why?
      Preparation for marriage?
      One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Just one question:

Strong? Please, it's loads better than Wyndham, Halls Creek, Fitzroy Crossing, Derby, Meekatharra, Leinster and Leonora...

That said, "cross country" is a little misleading, isn't it? That'd be an awesome ride on firebreaks and goat tracks... and was going to suggest you PM [MENTION=14751]baxter[/MENTION] should that be the case.

Halls Creek is my winner
        Originally posted by Ferris
        I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

Pilbara is no good unless you have a bike suitable for gravel roads. Anywhere you can get to on bitumen in the Pilbara is a shit hole. All the good stuff is at the end of gravel roads (unless it's a mine site).

Oh and going to Paraburdoo? My advice is Parabur-don't. Up the coast to Coral Bay is a good trip though

Comment

Just one question:

matthewbirch
            Location Perth
            Motorbike Cruiser
            Corners optional.

Comment

Let me clarify why I'm doing this.. I work Monday-Friday in Paraburdoo and spend the weekends in Perth.. Hence it would be nice to have a bike up on site to get to n from work everyday over waiting for the shitty busses.

Comment

I'll be riding as far as shark bay on the 4th of December then going of road to the end of the peninsula but I'll be leaving Thursday morning
                A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

Comment

Dammit - I thought It was dirt bikes... that would be awesome!

Comment

Working...
                  X