Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Japan Snow Season 13/14

Hi All,

Not really an event but more of and FYI for those hitting up Japan for the up and coming snow season. I’m leaving WA for a while and will be in Japan working for the season at a bar in Hakuba called Bike Bar (Yes motorcycle related).

If anyone is heading across to Japan and wants to head out boarding or skiing or just to be shown the sites around down or come around for a beer hit me up!

I’ll be in Japan from the 13th of December through to early March and if all goes well should have my own car to tour round Hakuba/Nagano area in.

-Marc
    RAM MOTOSPORT ZX10 RR#191

[mention=37303]add!ct[/mention] ?
    Originally posted by DailyBanana
    That little girl likes her pizza more than you like people

Comment

Haha cheers Aussie Lass, been talking to OptiC about this trip for a while now... Definitely planning on meeting up for some boarding and drinks

Comment

Bike bar you say Gah it is over in Goryu - too far from where we are staying under the Happo Gondola

Comment

Originally posted by Pkunk View Post
          Bike bar you say Gah it is over in Goryu - too far from where we are staying under the Happo Gondola
          Holy fucking shit! [MENTION=6776]Pkunk[/MENTION]!
          I was thinking about you yesterday funnily enough.

Comment

Have fun over there Dude

I have a Japanese Missus......took her 10 years to convince me to Visit. It took all of 3 days to realise I could Happily Live there for a Couple of years.....shame we still have a Mortgage or it might of Happened
            Rules are for the Obedience of Fools and the Guidance of Wise men. Douglas Bader.

Only two things are Infinite, the Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein.

Three can keep a Secret, if Two of them are Dead. Benjamin Franklin.

Comment

I'm staying at happo also, so sounds like it's too far. Doesn't help that the place I'm staying has a bar and happy hour
              Originally posted by Commuter
              23) Your girlfriends parents will not be impressed when you show up on your bike with a spare helmet for her.
              24) If your girlfriend is not impressed when you show up on your bike with a spare helmet for her, get a new girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by thatguy View Post
                I'm staying at happo also, so sounds like it's too far. Doesn't help that the place I'm staying has a bar and happy hour
                Hit me up anyway, I'm free most days and will want to spend some time boarding over at Happo as well.

Comment

Bastard... Jealous!
                  Ill get over there one day, probably a few years away though.

Keep an eye out for a Greg Murray, runs a freestyle snowboard 'training camp' type thing for 8 odd weeks over there and pretty sure that was in Hakuba. Good bloke. Dude can board too!

Enjoy yourselves!

Comment

Hi Desmo

Optic: yeah def hit you up. We likely will hit up Goryu itself as well so we could rock in for a bit of apre ski. If you have a car we'd love some help getting over to Cortina if you know what I mean

Comment

Bastards! Best powder I have ever seen at hakuba! Some great local food to be had around the area. I didn't make it over to cortina as the snow was just so good at happo. Enjoy!
                      Just do it. Seriously, if you look up the standing rules of PSB it goes something like this.

1. Dont be a dick
                      2. Desmo is allowed to be a dick (sometimes)
                      3. Buy the one with the most Duke
                      4. Dont ask about fixing the search function.
                      etc etc..

Comment

There is a free bus service around all the mountains there. Somewhat infrequent and not always on time, but it is easy enough to get around. I pretty much boarded a different mountain each day. Get out to Cortina on a blue bird day. Other than awesome powder, there is something magical about seeing the ocean in the distance as you arrive at the top of the mountain on the chair lift.

In Happo, go for dinner and drinks at Uncle Steve's one night. Great mexican, great tequilas and a vast selection of hot sauces. Fun times ensured.

Comment

In Hakuba now and it's dumped about 1mtr of snow in the past 48 hours with more due over the next few days.

Great start to the season!

Comment

One month exactly until I will be at happo
                            Originally posted by Commuter
                            23) Your girlfriends parents will not be impressed when you show up on your bike with a spare helmet for her.
                            24) If your girlfriend is not impressed when you show up on your bike with a spare helmet for her, get a new girlfriend.

Comment

Should have my car sorted in the next few weeks, looking forward to touring some of the other mountains around the place!

Comment

Working...
                              X