Restricted Breed Cancer Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restricted Breed Cancer Ride

This is your chance to get to know what this club is about.
    One of our members young brother has just been diagnosed with terminal cancer. His expected life is six months maximum. This young man is thirty years old.
    My wife is a cancer survivor and several other members have had or have family members who are survivors as well.
    Gus has a wish to go on a couple of last rides and I am trying to rebuild my sidecar to take him to the Toy run in two weeks.
    But we also want to start an annual memorial ride for Gus.
    How fitting that he will see the first.
    This ride is open to any bikes, and there will be support from local hotrod guy's as well.
    Entry is $10 per per vehicle and all money goes to cancer appeals.
    We have been bagged for our dress and supposed attitude but please support this event and ask us what we do. We don't bite and probably help you in ways you are unaware of. Hence the secret squirrel shit.
    The ride leaves from 60 Owen Road in Kelmscott at 10:00am this Saturday 30th.
    Route is to Pinjarra and then upto Fremantle to do a ride past the freo hospital.
    Thank you for reading this and we hope to see you at the ride.

Comin' past Mandurah mate?

Prolly won't be able to ride that far as I might be stitched up again , but sure as fuck am happy to drop a few pennies in the tin for the young bloke.
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Working that day but good cause mate, good luck with the run.

Comment

Sorry I'm out, would have loved to come but have a few things already organised for this Sat.
        :stupid:

Comment

30? That's just fucked :/
          I can't make the ride but I'll drop in on the meet point and chuck a tenner in the tin anyway

Comment

Really great idea, for such a sad reason only the good die young it seems.
            Some of my mates are restricted breed boys, top blokes, love em to bits.... still waiting for my t-shirt though!
            Will definitely try to make this, if I can't, I'd still be more than happy to make a donation.
            Hope the ride goes well, hope more that I can make it!
            ...I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints....

Comment

Seems HIHO is a bit nervous answering any enquiries.

Was online earlier but no answer?

Fuck the Cancer Council must have way too much money donated by you clowns already?

PM me if you need to ya carnnts.
              Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

I can't do the ride but will try to get to the meet point, say hi & donate a few $.
                I've lost lots of rellies to cancer.
                The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

Comment

Unfortunately the wife is working and I have to look after the boy, who was diagnosed with cancer at 4 months old, he will be turning 4 years in January and have the all clear. It's a great cause which no one should have to suffer.

Comment

Any way to donate without attending? I'm unable to make either ride or meet point this Sat.

Comment

10.08 the night before the ride and still no answers?

People trying to donate money but don't know how?

Club wanting to inform other riders about what the club is about?

Can't access any part of the website to find out where or when to donate?

No info on Google?

Well fuck, this is looking useful. No point posting if you blokes are unwilling to maybe throw up a few words to inform those who were perfectly happy to take you on face value and donate money to a yet to be named cause. Maybe even say g'day and gain a few mates?

Not massively positive fellas.

Comment

Nah not shy just flat out. Sorry.
                        We will be riding to Mandurah but turning right up the bypass to rockingham.
                        The Pinjarra bakery will be a stop off for an hour fron eleven to twelve. Hope they have plenty of pies.
                        We haven't had time to organize collections all over the place, but if you feel the need the cancer council can take your money.
                        We thank you all for your support and wish you all the strength you need if you are dealing with this terrible disease.
                        Hopefully we will meet some tomorrow and not get too wet.
                        Cheers Brian

Comment

Sweeto- flushed you out ya bastard!

Will drag my sorry arse to Pinny and drop a few bux in the tin! [you got 5 dollar for a pie ]

Comment

I was typing this as you wrote. Just got home from meetings re the Black Dog Ride project.
                            As you are probably aware this idea has been last minute planning and with the other project I have going time is short.
                            The club is purely social and due to the nature of most members work we are selective in who we ride with due to the effect anything unlawful or deemed as anti social could have on out lively hoods.
                            Yes it may seem to appear outlaw type but we are trying to get people to view bikers in a different way. We are supportive of several charities and due to this recent diagnosis this may be our main drive for the years to come.
                            If you get a chance come and talk to us anytime you see us out and about.

Originally posted by ReCon View Post
                            10.08 the night before the ride and still no answers?

People trying to donate money but don't know how?

Club wanting to inform other riders about what the club is about?

Can't access any part of the website to find out where or when to donate?

No info on Google?

Well fuck, this is looking useful. No point posting if you blokes are unwilling to maybe throw up a few words to inform those who were perfectly happy to take you on face value and donate money to a yet to be named cause. Maybe even say g'day and gain a few mates?

Not massively positive fellas.
                            - - - Updated - - -

Flushed me out! Keeping me up more like it. Had a good day in the shed and finished the swingarm for the sidecar. And took delivery of the cappucino machine for it.

Comment

Originally posted by HIHO View Post
                              The club is purely social and due to the nature of most members work we are selective in who we ride with due to the effect anything unlawful or deemed as anti social could have on out lively hoods.
                              Yes it may seem to appear outlaw type but we are trying to get people to view bikers in a different way. We are supportive of several charities and due to this recent diagnosis this may be our main drive for the years to come.
                              Knowing a few of the boys from the club, I for one can stand up and say that you guys are decent fellas
                              I'm still waiting for damn shirt though!!
                              ...I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints....

Comment

Working...
                              X