Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sat 28th Dec Photo Practice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sat 28th Dec Photo Practice

    Was thinking of doing some more photo practice and if anyone else wanted to bring their ride down to get some shots or bring their own DSLR and take some snaps

    Update : Okay, the locale is now Henry Lawson walk in East Perth about 3pm, given it a look over and I should be able to get some good shot's with what's in the area

    Last edited by Squash; 24-12-2013, 12:41 PM.

  • #2
    Hmmm. Dappled lighting, tough choice.
    "Speed Kills". The stupid person's answer to a complex problem.

    Comment


    • #3
      Am open to suggestions for other locations, perhaps somewhere close to a Cafe so we can have sustenance during the shoot?

      Comment


      • #4
        If you're going to that spot I'll come down for sure, it's only like 10mins from my house.

        Don't be angry when I try and have sex with your MT-01

        Comment


        • #5
          Oh shit, I think I'm actually going camping that weekend.


          Gaaaaaaaaaaay...

          Comment


          • #6
            Should go down to a local skate park. I got a gsx1400 that would look cool with some graffiti!

            - - - Updated - - -

            Should go down to a local skate park. I got a gsx1400 that would look cool with some graffiti!
            Freedom - its your choice live it!

            Comment


            • #7
              In. So long as not working. [MENTION=18464]LUFFY75[/MENTION] your bike back yet?

              Comment


              • #8
                Gonna scout a few locales today [MENTION=30080]RRossi[/MENTION] I'll check out that garage as well

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by J1NXD View Post
                  In. So long as not working. [MENTION=18464]LUFFY75[/MENTION] your bike back yet?
                  Not as yet mate but if it is I'll be in

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Squash View Post
                    Am open to suggestions for other locations, perhaps somewhere close to a Cafe so we can have sustenance during the shoot?
                    Give it a crack and see what you get, that's how you get better. I'm not trying to put you off, just be aware that it's harsh light at 2 pm and dappled light can serve to camouflage shapes and make exposure difficult. It can also make a nice effect. Maybe have another location to try as well.
                    "Speed Kills". The stupid person's answer to a complex problem.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LUFFY75 View Post
                      Not as yet mate but if it is I'll be in
                      Could always down grade to a 600cc for the day if your keen?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hamster View Post
                        Give it a crack and see what you get, that's how you get better. I'm not trying to put you off, just be aware that it's harsh light at 2 pm and dappled light can serve to camouflage shapes and make exposure difficult. It can also make a nice effect. Maybe have another location to try as well.
                        Yea I know just also thinking about food/drink as I'll be there for a few hours and that is a bit out away, and don't really want to move the locale halfway

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Might I suggest either dawn or dusk?
                          As Hamster said- that light is going to be a PITA. Unless you want to HDR it. But don't do that.
                          You could bracket the exposures and combine them pseudo-hdr later... but it's a lot of work.

                          ORRR- Are you using lights ? As in, speedlites or flash? bit of 1:1 should get rid of the dappled effect. Off camera though.
                          I'm working Saturday otherwise would come.
                          But the easiest solution (and to make the pics look HEAPS better) go at dawn or dusk. You'll only have about 45 minutes. Make it count!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yes, +1 to dawn or dusk. Incidentally, true HDR uses bracketed exposures, some people using 7 or more different exposures. Pseudo HDR is using a single RAW file (guess you could use a jpg too) and processing it with different exposures and combining these. You normally get much more noise using this method.
                            "Speed Kills". The stupid person's answer to a complex problem.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SIKYSA View Post
                              Might I suggest either dawn or dusk?
                              As Hamster said- that light is going to be a PITA. Unless you want to HDR it. But don't do that.
                              You could bracket the exposures and combine them pseudo-hdr later... but it's a lot of work.

                              ORRR- Are you using lights ? As in, speedlites or flash? bit of 1:1 should get rid of the dappled effect. Off camera though.
                              I'm working Saturday otherwise would come.
                              But the easiest solution (and to make the pics look HEAPS better) go at dawn or dusk. You'll only have about 45 minutes. Make it count!
                              Dont have any lights, just the inbuilt flash (which sucks) running magic lantern 2.3 on the 600d so can set it to automatically take a set of exposures for a HDR shot, but I prefer not to do HDR.

                              I'll head out there today and have a lookie, if it doesn't work out I'll look for a better location as I wanna spend more than 45min.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X