Australia Day Breakfast ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250 Friendly Australia Day Breakfast ride

Usual story - Meet at Scarbs in the bike bays out the front of Plaka's & Peter's by the Sea on The Esplanade, Scarborough just after 8am, leave 8:30 SHARP!

It's on SUNDAY!!!
    The 26th is Australia Day - Sunday is the 26th!

This one is going North. Way North, about a 45 minute ride, mostly along the coast. Pace is cruisy but shenanigans are occasionally had.

Who's in?
    Bueller?
    Bueller?
    Bueller?
    Last edited by Hornet; 20-01-2014, 02:53 PM.
    2006 Yamaha R1SP;
    In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
    Amen, brother. Amen.
    My nemesis; Barfridge

First in :yay:
    Like the look of the new spot

Comment

I'll try actually make this one. But by fuck i'm going to need to be up early to make it there by 8

To clarify: this is on actual australia day, or the holiday on monday?
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Haha I can sleep in now I'm not coming from Kalamunda

Comment

mirkz
          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

In.
            FEADCinc, PSB?

Comment

Mirkz
              RIP
              RYAD
              RIP
              🌹

Comment

How far north?
                Originally posted by vk6hgr
                My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                  Usual story - Meet at Scarbs in the bike bays out the front of Plaka's & Peter's by the Sea on The Esplanade, Scarborough just after 8am, leave 8:30 SHARP!

This one is going North. Way North, about a 45 minute ride, mostly along the coast. Pace is cruisy but shenanigans are occasionally had.

Who's in?
                  Bueller?
                  Bueller?
                  Bueller?
                  All the way along past mullaloo? I doubt I can make it on bike but its something id like my daughter to watch drive by... If its close to home

Comment

250 friendly? I want to say in. If things pan out well I should be getting my license on Thursday, so I can come. Yay! Shenanigans will probably not be had by me though - I'm quite chicken...

Comment

Should be in!!

Finally a NoR meet for a NoR ride

Comment

Originally posted by Daise View Post
                        How far north?
                        All the way!

Think past Burns Beach!
                        2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                        In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                        Amen, brother. Amen.
                        My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Originally posted by Amy.Saki View Post
                          250 friendly? I want to say in. If things pan out well I should be getting my license on Thursday, so I can come. Yay! Shenanigans will probably not be had by me though - I'm quite chicken...
                          250 friendly-ish!
                          It's not for learners, obviously, or I'd have put learners. If you're able to sit on 80 in an 80 zone and aren't worried about a few back streets now and then, just to stay off the main roads, then yeh, you'll be fine. I think you'll find I'm pretty good at keeping the group together and have fairly regular waits at intersections to re-group.
                          2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                          Amen, brother. Amen.
                          My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                            250 friendly-ish!
                            It's not for learners, obviously, or I'd have put learners. If you're able to sit on 80 in an 80 zone and aren't worried about a few back streets now and then, just to stay off the main roads, then yeh, you'll be fine. I think you'll find I'm pretty good at keeping the group together and have fairly regular waits at intersections to re-group.
                            Don't forget double demerits.

I'm a Mirkz, leaning more towards a negatory. I'll see how we are the night before.
                            Originally posted by vk6hgr
                            My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Roj.

Double demerits shouldn't be a problem. The breakfast rides are pretty cruisy (compared to other rides I may occasionally have led in the past). It's also why I avoid main roads - less po-po.
                              2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                              Amen, brother. Amen.
                              My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Working...
                              X