- Newbie Friendly, Weekly Ride, Thursday, 20th February, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learner - Newbie Friendly, Weekly Ride, Thursday, 20th February, 2014

The rides cater for confident learners and new riders, as well as those just looking for a cruisey ride or to help Perth learners gain more experience on the roads before they go for their tests.

Meet point - Shell Service Station, Albany Hwy, just before John St

Meet 6.15pm - Leave 6.45pm

Hint for the ride - South, watch out Rizzo!!

Read this, please the Learner - Newbie Rides - What to expect

Need a shadow?? if so go here or ask nicely in the thread

PLEASE READ THESE 10 POINTS

1. Learners please make sure you are capable of riding in traffic at night, maybe even arrange with a shadow to take you out one on one a night or two before.
    2. Shadows, especially new ones, myself or the CM's (Corner Marker's) haven't met, Please make sure the learner you pick up is capable of riding in traffic at night, if you think they aren't ready for it, either bring them to the meet point to say Hi and then take them home again (we'll tell you where the dinner stop is so you can catch us up) or let them know that you don't think they are ready and take them for a small ride around their area.
    3. New riders (those that haven't attended before) Please introduce yourself to me or one of the CM's in Yellow vests, if you can't find us, ASK!!
    4. Newly Licenced riders, Please make yourself known to myself and/or a CM, you are also requested to ride near the front of the ride until you are familiar with how things work.
    5. Learner riders Please make sure you park your bikes at the front or out in the open, don't get boxed in, this will make it easier when we come to leave.
    6. ALL riders Please listen to the ride briefing, give each other plenty of room and we should all arrive at our destinations safe and happy
    7. As posted, these rides are for Learners to gain road time before their tests, some nights are slower than others, depending on the ride route and which riders turn up, if you want to do high jinks or the ride is too slow for you, Please leave at an appropriate place i.e. road junction, traffic lights etc. When you leave, Please make sure that you have been seen waving that you aren't continuing on the ride, if someone follows you, Please stop and let them know what you are doing, so that they have time to rejoin the ride.
    8. If you are coming along to show off or piss fart around - then Piss off, take your friends and do your own ride.
    9. All are welcome as long as they are prepared to behave and enjoy the ride for what it is.
    10. Don't pass Stoneville unless you are a CM!
    I need a shadow from the South Geraldton area, please
    0.00%
    I need a shadow from the Northern area, please
    0.00%
    I need a shadow from the Western area, please
    0.00%
    I need a shadow from the Eastern area, please
    0.00%
    I need a shadow from the South Eastern area, please
    50.00%
    I need a shadow from the Southern area, please
    50.00%
    I need a shadow from the Central area, please
    0.00%
    I need a shadow from the Rockingham area, please
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

In
    Originally posted by Zanza
    I thought LH was being a dirty pervy woman.....well more than normal anyways
    Please bear wtih my speilng Im dyslexic.

Comment

put me down as a definite maybe
      Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

Would love to come, would someone like to help out with a shadow from Beckenham on the night? Please PM me and we can arrange times and such. Thanks in advance and looking forward to meeting some new friends... any more GS's coming ???? come on

Comment

Also hoping to join in, if anyone is able to help out and shadow me from South Lake? Im right near the freeway exit so if anyone is coming from south it's a nice easy pick up Would be greatly appreciated! PM me if youre able to help out, thanks
          Fairly new learner, comfy with the small bikes but still getting ground on my cruiser with the extra go, so keen to give her a good run!
          Emma

Comment

In, can shadow from around Guildford area. I can go to beckenham Golly of no one else can pick you up.

Comment

In.

Comment

Originally posted by emz View Post
                Also hoping to join in, if anyone is able to help out and shadow me from South Lake? Im right near the freeway exit so if anyone is coming from south it's a nice easy pick up Would be greatly appreciated! PM me if youre able to help out, thanks
                Fairly new learner, comfy with the small bikes but still getting ground on my cruiser with the extra go, so keen to give her a good run!
                Emma
                Won't be able to shadow you to the ride, but could shadow you home afterwards if someone else can pick you up (work at the airport, live way far south)..

edit:
                MAYBE could pick you up if no one else can, would be pushing it a bit for time though (leave airport around 5:30 ish, so would be... 6 ish by the time i get to you?), let me know the day before if no one else can grab you on the way up (so I can suss out where you are, i suck at finding places when riding around).
                Last edited by thro; 16-02-2014, 11:18 PM.
                “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Thanks thro! Will definitely let you know. Happy to pay fuel etc if that helps

Comment

Thanks Lit, will see what happens between now and then, same as Emz, Ill put some juice in your bike for the troubles mate.

Comment

Emma
                      Can pick you up and have either myself or [MENTION=7023]thro[/MENTION] drop you back home

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

Thanks thro! Will definitely let you know. Happy to pay fuel etc if that helps
                          It's all good, my sig is piss-take.

I'm going for a ride anyway, no bribery required
                          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by Golly View Post
                            Thanks Lit, will see what happens between now and then, same as Emz, Ill put some juice in your bike for the troubles mate.
                            No trouble, as what thro said. No bribery required. Although mortgage payment would be cool

Comment

Thanks missellanous and thro! Looks like all is sorted and I get to make my first ride, yippee! Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X