Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFTERSHOCK 5 - Tribes (inappropriate bikes on the dirt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event AFTERSHOCK 5 - Tribes (inappropriate bikes on the dirt)

AFTERSHOCK 5 - Tribes

The Australian home of inappropriate bikes on the dirt

Dirt Quake kicked off in the UK in 2012 and was the inspiration for our first AFTERSHOCK event later the same year held at York. Since then Dirt Quake USA started, Sydney Cafe Racers ran with AFTERSHOCK in 2014 and Ellaspede in Queensland held an event called Dust Hustle.

2 hours east of Perth, 40 or so bikes and 70 nutters will put their bodies on the line, in the pursuit of shitty trophies....if we remember to bring them. They won't be riding dirt bikes on the dirt because thats sensible and AFTERSHOCK isn't sensible. Road bikes with dirt tyres, postie bikes, Ag bikes, motorised couches is what we are after.

AFTERSHOCK 5 will be held on private property at Tammin on a variety of tracks...

Saturday
    • Dirt Drags - knockout
    • 24 mins de LeMons
    • Leaderboard Challenge - Flying Lap
    • Moto Soccer - Heats
    • Flaps - Heats
    • Pub Crawl

Sunday
    • Flaps - Semi Final
    • Moto Soccer - Final
    • Leaderboard Challenge - Standing Start
    • Shuffle - Relay
    • Flaps - Final

We've called AFTERSHOCK 5 "Tribes" as most of the events lend themselves well to team events. Feel free to enter as part of a tribe or join a tribe on the day. We encourage all tribes to have a uniform and claim their territory in the camp ground. Super soakers, water bombs and that Indian coloured paint stuff is encouraged.

Do I need a bike?
    No but it certainly makes it easier. Many people come and enjoy the fun using other peoples bikes. Most bikes are shitters but there are some absolute doosies that rock up...and even those guys are pretty free with the keys.

Is it a full program or is there time to get on the track/s by myself?
    There is heaps of time between events to get your slide on.

How do I find the place?
    Check the map and look out for the rest stop on the right hand side (heading east). You should see a dodgy handmade sign pointing to the dusty driveway. Follow the orange cones and register before heading to the camp site. NOTE: The map is close but not exact.

Is there a group leaving from Perth that I could travel with?
    There is usually a convoy that leaves from Midland Shopping Gate early Saturday morning. Check the AFTERSHOCK Facebook page for details.

What does the ticket price include?
    Camp site, toilets, lunch and dinner on Saturday, breakfast on Sunday. unlimited tea and coffee. Use of facilities and participation in events.

Are there trophies?
    Yes there are. There is a trophy for the winner of Dirt Drags, the fastest combined time of the Leaderboard Challenges and two other special awards.

Will there be any dogging in the carpark?
    What kind of question is that you pervert!

Do I have to wear a helmet?
    Yes, yes you do. Helmets are mandatory. If you are on a bike and it's moving, a helmet must be worn. All other saftey gear is recommended but optional.

Is alcohol available?
    We looked into it but it isn't worth the hassle of supplying it. It's cheaper if you BYO. We'll have some bins with ice in for you keep your refreshments cool. AFTERSHOCK is a pretty chilled atmosphere with people sharing bikes, beers and babes* but it's best to ask before taking someones beer. (*Not true at all, I just needed something else starting with

We'll release more info once we know what we're doing....in the meantime get your tickets here

The original AFTERSHOCK video and a remix from AFTERSHOCK 1 (York)

Official Video from AFTERSHOCK 2 (York)

A video from AFTERSHOCK 3 (Tammin) and another one,

A video from AFTERSHOCK 4 (York)

An AFTERSHOCK prep video

Some of the pics of AFTERSHOCK 3 & 4 below (check out the Facebook albums for all the pics for AFTERSHOCK 3 & AFTERSHOCK 4)

Last edited by Rex Havoc; 22-02-2015, 06:53 PM. Reason: update info

Himalayan Heroes W E B S I T E , F A C E B O O K

Perth Cafe Racers F A C E B O O K

in....

Comment

In.

Do spectators take their own dirtys for cruising around the event on? Or is it just competitors?

Comment

In.

Already scanning Gumtree for a new steed.
        I'm assuming that all the events are open to anyone that's willing to do them right?
        Originally posted by Sookie
        Get a gixxer, do wheelies, YOLO into cars

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
          In.

Do spectators take their own dirtys for cruising around the event on? Or is it just competitors?
          We use the word "competitors" very loosely. We don't have scrutineering or security. It's just a bit of organised chaos wrapped up in a blanket of stupidity. It is a self regulated event meaning we are all responsible to pull each others head in if there is dangerous behaviour.

The place is big enough for spectators to be riding around while the "events" are going on. The ticket price is basically the entry price, there is no obligation to "compete".

Comment

Originally posted by Frosti View Post
            In.

Already scanning Gumtree for a new steed.
            I'm assuming that all the events are open to anyone that's willing to do them right?
            Yep, events are open to everyone. We've had a couple of young teenagers hooning around on posties and the like.

It's not a super organised event like Dirt Quake etc and the emphasis is on having a good time rather than winning.

Comment

subscribed...

Comment

Damn this looks awesome! Will have to find a suitable steed.

To clarify, if I brought my 2010 KTM, and put a dual sport tyre on the back, that would be ok to use (but against the spirit of the event.)

however if I brought say a 1978 dirt bike, would that be ok to use with dirt tyres and in the spirit of the event?

or should I just hunt down some knobblys for the s1000rr?
                Here lies the body of Harold Day
                He knew it was his right of way.
                He was right, dead right, as he rode along
                But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong.

Comment

A great man once said:

"To ride is human; to Aftershock, is divine"

Absolutely gutted I will miss out on this one. TO all those thinking about it, i encourage you to not give a shit about protocol, just have a go. The weekend that they put on is 10/10. I went to both Aftershocks last year and Rex and the gang went above and beyond.

Originally posted by Supdog View Post

To clarify, if I brought my 2010 KTM, and put a dual sport tyre on the back, that would be ok to use (but against the spirit of the event.)

however if I brought say a 1978 dirt bike, would that be ok to use with dirt tyres and in the spirit of the event?

Take a piece of shit. There is always folk on decent dirt bikes there and they always wish they bought a dunger. Buy a flogged out LAMS bike off gumtree for a few hundred, chop the areshole out of it with a grinder and put some knobblies on it.
                  Originally posted by tank-wombat
                  Geoff seems like a wise man who's soul will slowly be destroyed by the stupidity of some people
                  ----------------------------------------
                  TRX 850.

Comment

Originally posted by Supdog View Post

When we first started the event the tag line was road bikes with dirt tyres and dirt bikes with road tyres. However we found that dirt bikes with road tyres were soooo much faster than the innapropriate bikes so we've dropped dirt bikes and concentrate on stupidity.

Most are buying $500 shitters but we've had R1's, 999's, FJ's with Nitros, sportys etc show up with knobbies on. We've also had a Vespa, a dax, heaps of posties, SR250/400, XT's, CX500's.

Thanks ge0ff, you are too kind.

Comment

Here is a lap of the perimeter track at AFTERSHOCK 3. We're pretty amped to be heading back there.

That is a CX500 passing the KLX250? down the first straight.

Comment

Here's my ride from Aftershock 4. Known as Sgt Shocka. A 1996 CB250 military style.

Comment

Old and in need of mechanical attention with a backyard paint job is the go.

Comment

Some pics of the CX and the 2nd and 3rd Aftershock
                            2nd

3rd

The CX is now retired and on its way to being a cafe.

This year is a xj650

Comment

Me and a mate are interested, but the only bikes we have that we could use would be our motards. Is that a bit frowned upon or does nobody really give a rat's ass?
                              "I remember the first time I got my knee down on a track, it was like the first time I put my winkle inside a girl, I just wanted to tell all my mates."
                              Keith Flint, The Prodigy.

Comment

Working...
                              X