• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event AFTERSHOCK 6 - Mad Max

AFTERSHOCK 6 - Mad Max

The Australian home of inappropriate bikes on the dirt
    October 10th and 11th

Dirt Quake kicked off in the UK in 2012 and was the inspiration for our event later the same year. Since then Dirt Quake USA started, Sydney Cafe Racers ran with AFTERSHOCK in 2014 and Ellaspede in Queensland held an event called Dust Hustle.

2 hours east of Perth, 50 or so bikes and 70+ nutters will put their bodies on the line, in the pursuit of shitty trophies....if we remember to bring them. They won't be riding dirt bikes on the dirt because thats sensible and AFTERSHOCK isn't sensible. Road bikes with dirt tyres, postie bikes, Ag bikes, motorised couches is what we are after.

AFTERSHOCK 6 will be held on private property at Tammin on a variety of tracks...

Saturday

Dirt Drags : Is a knockout competition which the fastest bike and rider combo should win but usually doesn't
    24 mins de LeMons : Is the main event. "Competitors" break off into 5 person teams. 4 teams per heat. Riders lap the flat track until they are called in by their team to hand the bike to the next team member. Team with the most laps in 24 minutes goes into the final.
    Leaderboard Challenge - Flying Lap : Much like Top Gear, riders take turns to set the fastest flying lap on the same bike.
    Moto Soccer - Heats : Two teams on the field at once try and kick the ball through the goals as many times as they can in 10 minutes.
    Mayhem : Everyone on the track at the same time to do a lap of each of the tracks. First past the post
    Leaderboard Challenge - Standing Start : As above, riders take turns to set the fastest standing start lap on the same bike.
    Pub Crawl : The less said about this the better but there is a reason it is the last official event of the day.

Sunday

Moto Soccer - Final
    Breakfast
    Awards

We've gone with a MAD MAX theme for AFTERSHOCK 6 so we want to see some crazy contraptions and some crazier outfits. Facepaint is a must.

Do I need a bike?
    No but it certainly makes it easier. Many people come and enjoy the fun using other peoples bikes. Most bikes are shitters but there are some absolute doosies that rock up...and even those guys are pretty free with the keys.

Is it a full program or is there time to get on the track/s by myself?
    There is heaps of time between events to get your slide on.

How do I find the place?
    Check the map and look out for the rest stop on the right hand side (heading east). You should see a dodgy handmade sign pointing to the dusty driveway. Follow the orange cones and register before heading to the camp site. NOTE: The map is close but not exact.

Is there a group leaving from Perth that I could travel with?
    There is usually a convoy that leaves from Midland Shopping Gate early Saturday morning. Check the AFTERSHOCK Facebook page for details.

What does the ticket price include?
    Camp site, toilets, lunch and dinner on Saturday, breakfast on Sunday. unlimited tea and coffee. Use of facilities and participation in events.

Are there trophies?
    Yes there are. There is a trophy for the winner of Dirt Drags, the fastest combined time of the Leaderboard Challenges and two other special awards.

Will there be any dogging in the carpark?
    What kind of question is that you pervert!

Do I have to wear a helmet?
    Yes, yes you do. Helmets are mandatory. If you are on a bike and it's moving, a helmet must be worn. All other saftey gear is recommended but optional.

Is alcohol available?
    We looked into it but it isn't worth the hassle of supplying it. It's cheaper if you BYO. We'll have some bins with ice in for you keep your refreshments cool. AFTERSHOCK is a pretty chilled atmosphere with people sharing bikes and beers.

We'll add more info soon....

The Facebook Page for AFTERSHOCK can be found here.

Last edited by Rex Havoc; 19-08-2015, 12:03 AM.

Himalayan Heroes W E B S I T E , F A C E B O O K

Perth Cafe Racers F A C E B O O K

Since you forgot the date it's 10th-11th of October.

I might need to see if I can revive the monkey bike sidecar
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Hmmm, group buy?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/donny...ore/1086765847
      They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

In, possibly with a scooter as well
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
          In, possibly with a scooter as well
          Is it still worth a carton?
          Originally posted by Desmo
          Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Tickets bought. After going to Aftershock 5 I can't wait for this one.

How about doing the time trials whilst carrying on the tank/between your arms the exercise ball used for soccer, or a bigger one if you can find one. If you drop it, the clock is still ticking and you either have to pick it up or kick it across the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
              hrmm, it might well be. We should have a chat on Friday

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
                Tickets bought. After going to Aftershock 5 I can't wait for this one.

How about doing the time trials whilst carrying on the tank/between your arms the exercise ball used for soccer, or a bigger one if you can find one. If you drop it, the clock is still ticking and you either have to pick it up or kick it across the line.
                There are 4 more events that I've got in the works. Thinking to maybe throw all the events on a chocolate wheel and the weekends events are chosen after breakfast on the Saturday by some spins of the wheel. Keep it random

A slow speed, skill event will definitely be introduced.

Himalayan Heroes W E B S I T E , F A C E B O O K

Perth Cafe Racers F A C E B O O K

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post

Are you coming?

I have spare bikes people need to ride.
                  So many 'men' came last time, but none brave enough to ride the VTR, nor even the ATC110...
                  Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                  One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                  . .

Comment

i want to put my hand up. thinking, should i just put dirt tyres on the r6, or try to wedge the motor into something silly....like a couch?
                    "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Originally posted by chief wiggum View Post
                      i want to put my hand up. thinking, should i just put dirt tyres on the r6, or try to wedge the motor into something silly....like a couch?

Yes!
                      Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

. .

Comment

which one pete?

btw, just bought something to play with a few weekends before this. anyone else interested in the creekbed racing at kukerin on the long weekend?
                        "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Might be keen to come along for a looksie
                          A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a Unicorn.

Comment

Will be attending this one. Now to get a bike sorted in time!
                            Here lies the body of Harold Day
                            He knew it was his right of way.
                            He was right, dead right, as he rode along
                            But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by chief wiggum View Post
                              which one pete?

btw, just bought something to play with a few weekends before this. anyone else interested in the creekbed racing at kukerin on the long weekend?

What do you mean: which one?
                              Put the ZX12 seat on the R6 and it's a couch right?

. .

Comment

Working...
                              X