9th November - Cheap 10 day India tour on Royal Enfields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirited 9th November - Cheap 10 day India tour on Royal Enfields

[MENTION=35507]Aussie Lass[/MENTION] (Rachel) and I have just booked this trip via Groupon leaving on 9th of November from New Delhi. Needing 4 more riders to make up the 6 minimum required to run the trip.

We're NOT a couple, late 20s, and don't take life too seriously...if at all I'm a sparky and Rach is a paramedic.

Thrill seekers can get on a motorbike to see the various faces of Rajasthan and explore some of the gems of the spice and silk routes with their forts, castles and temples. This nine-night tour starts with a stay in Delhi and leads through Mandawa, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Pushkar, Jaipur, Bharatpur and Agra before returning to the starting point. Daily breakfast and dinner are included.

INCLUDES
    Nine-night accommodation
    Daily breakfast and dinner
    Transfer in a private vehicle from Delhi International Airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the airport
    Enfield Motorcycle 350 /500 cc per rider as per the above itinerary from Day 2 to Day 10
    One motorbike mechanic for the entire tour carrying basic spares
    Backup vehicle (tempo/ jeep) along with mechanic during the ride
    Services of a local English-speaking guide, ride leader and support crew
    Sightseeing as per the itinerary
    Comfortable support vehicle with driver (for luggage, gear and occasional passengers)
    Participation certificate
    Bonfire (once during the stay)
    All applicable taxes

If you're interested, the deal ends soon (Groupon never tells you when, could be tonight, could be tomorrow etc.)

More info and bookings

https://www.groupon.com.au/deals/ga-...serReferral_ma

Reviews of the company organising the tour

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attra..._of_Delhi.html

Have you done a trip with these guys before?
    In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Make sure your travel insurance will cover you and read the fine print. It gets costly for medical transportation out of shitholes if you break stuff. I was paying stuff off for a decade

Comment

Sounds great...often wanted to visit India...although on a Royal Enfield ten days may not be long enough hahahaha
        Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

I have researched and read the PDS of about 5 travel insurance companies and have what I want in writing from 1cover.

Prior to this we're in sri Lanka for 2 weeks in the tuk tuk tournament so we're all over the insurance stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Crobbo View Post
            Have you done a trip with these guys before?
            The company organising gets good reviews. We're both experienced travellers and can handle any unforeseen circumstances. It would take a lot to phase us.

Comment

[MENTION=24398]Speed Dealer[/MENTION] have they got the minimum number for these dates? Or indeed is it full do you know?

The Groupon is still active as of this morning, and after a chat with a friend of mine last night, and some encouragement from the missus, I am giving it some serious thought.
              Adventure before Dementia

Comment

Originally posted by Morgs View Post
                [MENTION=24398]Speed Dealer[/MENTION] have they got the minimum number for these dates? Or indeed is it full do you know?

The Groupon is still active as of this morning, and after a chat with a friend of mine last night, and some encouragement from the missus, I am giving it some serious thought.
                About to send you a PM

Comment

Said serious thought has turned into ACTION. I am off to India for 9th November.
                  Adventure before Dementia

Comment

It was great to meet Andy and John. Great guys, very easy going.

The tour itself from an organisational point of view was fine. Contracts we signed for the bikes were a bit sketch. However I hit a car damaging the Enfields front rim, mud guard and headlight shroud and they only took $30 from my deposit.

India however...I hated nearly every minute of it. I'd say 90% of the trip I didn't enjoy. Not due to the tour company, but due to India being a shit hole with selfish people.

And no this isn't me being a precious westerner, as AussieLass and I travelled Sri Lanka by Tuk Tuk for 2 weeks prior to India staying in the cheapest accommodation we could find and eating lunch for less than $1 most days and I loved every minute of it.

We're already planning Cambodia for next June and I'll most likely be returning to Sri Lanka next October. At least I know now not to return to India.

Comment

yep, was my thoughts there as well
                      India seems to have inherited the colonialist and racist mentality of the Brits, and retaining the whole pile of shit, stinking, filthy, backward India thing. Was borderline whether that was worse, or Rawalpindi, who had Al Qaeda running amok when I was there.

Comment

I did the Himalayan ride with Nevermind just before COVID. It was incredible! The people (local and riders) were fantastic and the roads, while extremely challenging, were spectacular.

I signed up for a Rajasthan ride dealing directly with the locals but COVID put a hold on that. Apparently is should "remain careless my deposit is safe".

I can't wait to go back.

(P.S., I'm not dead)
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                          I did the Himalayan ride with Nevermind just before COVID. It was incredible! The people (local and riders) were fantastic and the roads, while extremely challenging, were spectacular.

I signed up for a Rajasthan ride dealing directly with the locals but COVID put a hold on that. Apparently is should "remain careless my deposit is safe".

I can't wait to go back.

(P.S., I'm not dead)
                          Sounds like an ad. But if its real, for those prices I wouldnt mind going.

Comment

Working...
                          X