Clear All

• Deej
    replied
    *Deej closes his eyes* mmmmm
    mmmmm
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm
    mmmmm

Ohhrrgghhh corners.......ahrghhhhhhhhhh

Shiney site up BigBird, thanks for the update.

Leave a comment:

• BigBird
    started a topic Hi Yall, still alive and kikin.

Hi Yall, still alive and kikin.

Sorry that I haven't kept you guys up to date on my hols, but doin the visitin the relly's thing, Good to catch up with dem all but not a lot of ridin.

Then I left them and hit the snowys, Oh My GOD!!!!!!!

The Snowy mountains are fantastic, it is seriously heavin on a bike. Had a flat spot on my tyres from ridin out 2 Hay NSW (as flat as the nullaboor and only a couple of more corners), but after a day in the mountains I was back to roound again. Probably the only time that I ride into a bike shop and get new set of tyres that don't have a flat spot with tread still on the sides. I shit you not they needed to be replaced before I came over to tassie and there wasn't a flat spot.

First nite I camped at 3 mile lake near cabramurra (highest town in Australia) then I rode from there 2 Kancoben (road normally closed during winter) 4 about 10k's I could only see about 50 mtrs infront of me as I was riding through the clouds, when that lifted and the roads were dry, I was havin a great time. The roads are really good with the crrect camber and plenty of room. The good thing was that it was mid week and just before the school holidays so the roads were clear of traffic and I didn't see any police. Next nite stayed at a place near Thredbo called 'Tom Groggin'. Got up next morn and rode to Thredbo and there was about an inch of show on the ground once I got over the mountain and going down into thredbo (got a foto) phukin cold.
    Then road from threadbo through kancobin to woodonga, then onto Bright and over Mt Hotham (again phukin cold but no snow thank god) and down to Sale where I stayed the nite. What an owsome day and some great roads. It's far to say that 90% of the roads are like a race track with regard to the camber, clean and reasonably smooth.

Then in Melbourne for 2 days before catching the 'Spirit of Tasmania' (it's a boat) to Devonport. from here up to crable mt for the night and now I am in a little place called Straun (don't think that is spelt correctly but it's near Queenstown on the west coast). Roads are good but not as smooth as the snowys an there is the ocassional amount of gravel on the road.

2 morra I am off to Hobart where the road is known to be a lot of fun. I spoke to some travellers to nite and they told me it took them 6 1/2 hrs to do 266k's and they were all car sick. Anther cople that I spoke to said that they did it in 5 1/2 but had to pull up cause thay were sick. They were complaining about the amount of corners again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again. I was smiling and asked if the road was smooth and they said that it was, it was just the corners.

So I am looking forward to to morra. :twisted: :twisted:

By 4 now.

BB.
Working...
X