Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Ride October 14th South Dwellingup

Hi:

I got a few takers last weekend but unfortunately we got only as far as Karnet before the rain set in.

The ride is probably not newbie friendly but I see there is another ride going north on Sunday as well.

It looks like there is a ride for everyone then!

The ride leaves from BP cnr Albany Hwy and Armadale road, meeting at 8:30am and leaving at 9am.

It is a longish ride probably 250km round trip from the petrol station but there will be plenty of rest stops.

Although the ride isn't suggested for newbies, anyone can feel free to join in and we will wait at various parts of the ride so nobody need feel an urgent hurry to keep up or to ride beyond their abilities.

If you are interested then please reply to this thread.

Grant

MMM. I may be convinced to saddle up for this one. Haven't really done much south stuff recently.

Comment

Kwackernaut what time do you think you will be back? don`t want to miss the motogp and it starts at 11am.

Comment

Originally posted by eiggah View Post
        Kwackernaut what time do you think you will be back? don`t want to miss the motogp and it starts at 11am.
        You won't miss it if you record it then you won't waste a perfectly good riding day sitting in front of the TV watching other people ride their bikes!

Grant

Comment

Soz, will be recovering from spring in the valley on this day...
          sigpic

Comment

Hi:

I haven't any replies yet to say that anyone will be coming?

Should I spend the day in the garden or drinking watching TV instead?

Grant

Comment

Originally posted by Kwackernaut View Post
              Hi:

I haven't any replies yet to say that anyone will be coming?

Should I spend the day in the garden or drinking watching TV instead?

Grant
              I was going for a ride with a couple mates but one of them has just piked (something to do with watching tellie ). I'll see if the other bloke is interested in coming along. What sort of pace is it likely to be at?

What time do you expect to return? I'd prefer to be back for the main race of the day (i.e. at home by 1pm).
              "The facts are irrelevant" - Arwon

Comment

Ride Changed to Caltex Toodjay Road - to Toodjay

Originally posted by boxertwin View Post
                I was going for a ride with a couple mates but one of them has just piked (something to do with watching tellie ). I'll see if the other bloke is interested in coming along. What sort of pace is it likely to be at?

What time do you expect to return? I'd prefer to be back for the main race of the day (i.e. at home by 1pm).
                Hi Patrick, sent you a reply to the PM.

For others,due to lack of response, the ride will be changed to meet at the Caltex at the bottom of Toodjay road and destination Toodjay and probably then on to Chittering after breakfast. This means if no one shows I can still do a shortened breakfast ride at least.

The meeting time is still 8:30am and leaving by 9am.

Grant

Comment

Pace, by the way will be quickish but not ridiculous and plenty of time to catch up. I'd like to go through O'Brien's and Berry road. I don't expect a BMW Boxer to want to go quite as fast but I'm not mad man either and I want to keep my licence.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwackernaut View Post
                    Pace, by the way will be quickish but not ridiculous and plenty of time to catch up. I'd like to go through O'Brien's and Berry road. I don't expect a BMW Boxer to want to go quite as fast but I'm not mad man either and I want to keep my licence.
                    I was worried you might want to go too slowly - I might just surprise you

Comment

Grant,

FYI, so you can recognise us, my bike is as per the photo in my profile and my mate Gary rides a CB1300S. He'll probably get there before me as I am late for, well, everything.

I'll see you in the morning.

Comment

if i wasnt going on a bender tonight woulda loved a long ride on my bday

Comment

Originally posted by boxertwin View Post
                          I was worried you might want to go too slowly - I might just surprise you
                          I see now it is not an old man's 60hp boxer of old but the nice fast sporty type.

You bad boy...

My motto is that "there are old pilots and bold pilots but no old, bold pilots".

Should be fun!

Grant

Comment

Thanks Grant for coming out today - I had a good time

If you do organise another Dwellingup ride - let me know, I like that run, particularly Nanga and Nanga Brook Roads.

Comment

Patrick:

Just posted an invite for next Sunday. I hope you can make it. Anyway, I really want this ride to happen and there has been a long list of why it hasn't.

I'd like to do some good rides too before it just gets too hot.

It was a good ride and perfect weather too!

Grant

Comment

Working...
                              X