Sunday 21st October Dwellingup Ride South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 21st October Dwellingup Ride South

This ride will meet at the BP Albany Hwy/Armadale Road 8:30am leaving 9am.

This time hopefully the ride will happen. A few weeks ago we got as far as Karnet before the rain cancelled the ride.

I don't think this ride will be affected by:

1. Double demerit long weekends
    2. Spring in the Valley
    3. Moto GP
    4. M.A.D. ride
    5. MRA memorial rides
    6. Rain!
    7. Telethon???

This is truly one of the best rides close to Perth and will take in some great rides.

Again the pace will be quickish overall but no one has to feel that they have to go fast to keep up as there will be plenty of stops. Breakfast or snacks or whatever will be at Dwellingup.

Grant

Originally posted by Kwackernaut View Post
    This ride will meet at the BP Albany Hwy/Armadale Road 8:30am leaving 9am.

This time hopefully the ride will happen. A few weeks ago we got as far as Karnet before the rain cancelled the ride.

I don't think this ride will be affected by:

1. Double demerit long weekends
    2. Spring in the Valley
    3. Moto GP
    4. M.A.D. ride
    5. MRA memorial rides
    6. Rain!
    7. Telethon???

This is truly one of the best rides close to Perth and will take in some great rides.

Again the pace will be quickish overall but no one has to feel that they have to go fast to keep up as there will be plenty of stops. Breakfast or snacks or whatever will be at Dwellingup.

Grant
    Grant,

So let's hope the current BoM forecast for the 21st (a shower or two) improves. If it does, I'm sure I can drag my fat arse along (and Gary too) as this is one of our favourite rides (and one we usually alternate with one like today's northern run).

Assuming it's not a closely guarded secret only to be disclosed on the day, what sort of route are you planning on taking? I assume it probably includes Jarrahdale and Serpentine before Karnet before heading down the South Western Highway, Del Park Road, Nanga Road and Nanga Brook Road. There are, however, a number of options heading out of Perth to Jarrahdale.

Probably the most direct would be run down the South West Highway to Byford and then along Nettleton. A way I often go is longer but is arguably a bit more interesting. This involves heading down Mills Road East (not sure how to get there from the current start point - we usually start in Gosnells) and then going past Araluen and Canning Dam followed by an unfortunately long and dull section of Albany Highway before turning onto Jarrahdale Road.

I guess the first way (via Nettleton) has the advantage that it's quick, easy and minimises the amount of time on major highways. The second way (via Jarrahdale Road) includes more twisty back roads but follow this up with a dull, dull 16km section of Albany highway.

Fom the nominated start point, the first route would seem better. Anyway, it's something to consider...
    "The facts are irrelevant" - Arwon

Comment

Patrick,

A weather forecast 7 days ahead is fortunately very unreliable so we should probably be more concerned if they forecast fine weather for Sunday!

Yes, it has to be top secret the route we take lest agents of the secret police dog our every movement(yuk).

I personally don't see us as important enough to feature in their enforcement plans for the weekend, in fact. It would be flattering though to think that they care that much about us!

Nettleton is a good route for sure but it can be that or the other way. We will send decoys either way to confuse the agents and will also introduce electronic counter measures if we can find someone with a spare AWAC.

The alternative is just to behave impeccably but this is probably not an option.

Grant

Comment

Grant,

I find your paranoia most comforting

Patrick

Comment

Grant,

Are you aware that the Malaysian MotoGP is on that day? While Channel 10 is not showing it live during the day, Foxtel are (11:30am-4:30pm on Sports 3).

Being in the same timezone as Perth it means the premier class should start at 3:00pm. It might be a good idea to make sure the ride will be back in plenty of time for the Foxtel viewers among us to get home to watch it.

Patrick

Comment

OR, to come to Cheers (the Vic Park Hotel) and watch it with fellow psb'rs.

oops, i forgot, we arent hardcore enough for crappynuts.
            The Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by resist View Post
              OR, to come to Cheers (the Vic Park Hotel) and watch it with fellow psb'rs.

oops, i forgot, we arent hardcore enough for crappynuts.
              Sure thing - but after going on what will be an excellent ride

Comment

Grant,

Count me and Gary in. The forecast is looking better already (fine and 12-22C) - yee hah!

Patrick

Comment

Yeah, the Malaysian Grand Prix sounds like it is late enough that it shouldn't interfere with the ride.

Should be a good day. I like Dwellingup too. Nice friendly place nestled there in the state forest. Nanga Brooke road is nice too and a lot of it is quite slow which is good. I find it quite relaxing riding through the tall trees and native bush.

Grant

Comment

Hey Guy's,

I have never been for a ride with you lot yet despite signing up months ago - divorces do that to ya!

Is it ok if I just roll up at your meeting point and join in?

Hope to catch ya's soon,

Bunsen

Comment

Originally posted by Bunsen65 View Post
                      Is it ok if I just roll up at your meeting point and join in?
                      That's generally the idea if a ride is posted.

See you there if I can get my tyre put on the right way on saturday...

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
                        See you there if I can get my tyre put on the right way on saturday...
                        Say what?!?

Comment

My tyre is currently on backwards due to a rushed job at the shop on monday evening, cos the cage was gonna be out of action for a few days and I needed the bike to get around.
                          Not too fussed, the shop was very helpful, and I took just the rim in, so an honest mistake.
                          It just makes cornering hard interesting for now.
                          Last edited by Jonchilds; 17-10-2007, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Jeez far to many going on this run...

best I stay with the MRA one http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ay-21st-42980/
                            to make the numbers up... Cos we only have about 30 so far
                            Real Men Ride Nakid
                            http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Billywhizz View Post
                              Jeez far to many going on this run...

best I stay with the MRA one http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ay-21st-42980/
                              to make the numbers up... Cos we only have about 30 so far
                              My apologies for this intrusion - it's entirely my fault. I thoughtlessly mentioned on Billywhiz's thread for an MRA ride that this ride was on the same day - so now he being, well, like that. How could I have been so wrong? PSB'ers should go on MRA rides full of slow, middle aged men on overweight cruisers instead of going on PSB rides with fellow PSB'ers doin' PSB... stuff. I feel so ashamed.

Comment

Working...
                              X