Sunday Ride November 4th Beverley/York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Ride November 4th Beverley/York

On account of having such a good ride last Sunday, I thought another ride might be in order. The pace will be quickish but no one should be encouraged to ride any faster than they feel 100% safe and there will be plenty of stops to regroup.

Meeting at 8:30am and departing at 9am.

It will leave at the Caltex station cnr Albany Hwy and Gosnells Road West, heading up Canning Mills road where I then become a big vague but Hey I know the way more or less then up to Beverley and then York via a highly secret route following the only main roads connecting these places then errr probably back to the Lakes BP station then then. Well we might be tired by then so we'll vote on it. Can cut across to Toodjay road and come out near Toodjay or go back down Great Eastern Hwy. The only good thing about Great Eastern Hwy is that there are no places for radar or police to hide now, not that anyone would break the speed limits.

Funny isn't it thousands of 300kph plus sportsbikes and yet no one speeds, at least in the forums...

Un-f**king-believable.

Grant
    Last edited by Kwackernaut; 23-10-2007, 07:45 PM.

What would the departure time be approx.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

pssst.....PSB Trackday. Although you may find enough interest to make the ride worthwhile.
      Sorry...I'll be otherwise entertained that day.
      Originally posted by Viper
      I'm probably fucking something up.
      FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
      Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post
        What would the departure time be approx.
        Knowing Grant, almost certainly meeting at 8:30am and departing at 9:00am. Can you confirm this Grant?
        "The facts are irrelevant" - Arwon

Comment

Originally posted by Kwackernaut View Post
          It will leave at the Caltex station cnr Albany Hwy and Gosnells Road West
          While the Caltex at the meeting point does have 98 RON, it is sometimes (indeed, annoyingly often) closed, apparently due to power failures (although why only they are affected is a mystery). If so, there's a BP about 1km down Albany Highway towards the hills on the opposite side that should be open - as you might expect of a BP, it also has 98.

Comment

After changing my mind a few times I think yes, meeting at 8:30am and departing at 9am would be good. It is daylight savings which means that we are starting in the cooler part of the day relative to now which means we don't have to leave ridiculously early to beat the heat, well not yet anyway. I have edited the first message to include the times.

I think I will leave the meeting place at the Caltex.

Grant

Comment

Mmm. The weather is forecast to be 30 degrees and sunny.

Looking good!

Grant

Comment

Hi Grant sounds like a good ride, have to give it a miss this time as i have got some guys together and we are going down to Dwellingup.
                I just have to go back down there as they are some of the best roads i have been on very relaxing and scenic. Have a good safe ride.
                Shane

Comment

Shane:

Well I'm glad I showed you the roads down there. They are great and as you say you don't have to go fast to enjoy them although on some stretches it is nice to cut loose a bit.

I'm still not sure how many I will get for this Sunday as the Red Bull race is on but we'll see.

Grant

Comment

also don`t no what numbers i will have only 3 confirmed so far

Comment

I will probably come along.

Comment

Yep, I might be in. depending on what the rest (kids) decide to do. It could be a train to city, and being squashed in with another 300.000 people to watch a few planes go fast I will know in the morning.

Comment

The ride is on. Weather is looking great. I'm not sorry about missing the air race. 13 planes racing around a pylon 1km away isn't really that exciting IMHO.

Anyway, riding a motorbike is definitely exciting and is my preferred way of spending the day.

See you all there and if there are only 3 or so riders then that's fine. In fact even one(me) will make it a great day but if there's company then even better.

Grant

Comment

Working...
                          X