Beef Jerky Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef Jerky Competition

ok so a few people are spruking how good our jerky is and its time to put the flavours to the test.

I have 3 entrants already of Davey, RC_Sam and myself and we need a few more. It will cost $5 per entry to a maximum of 3 per person. (You enter 3 it will cost $15) Prizes of course will be of monetary value depending on how many enter.

I haven't spoken to Bunyack yet but he will be 1 official taste taster as I know how much he loves jerky.

I am looking for probably 2-4 more OFFICIAL taste testers and also some entrants. I'd like at least 10 entrants if we can get them.

If you think you've got what it takes to match Davey's special Wasabi Jerky or my pepper jerky then come have a crack or come get some stomach cramps and wash it down with some beer ...

Will let you know where the competition will be held as it will take a couple weeks for the makers to make the jerky. Anyone with some ideas on where we could go please feel free to tell us.

thanks and good luck
    Last edited by Viper; 30-10-2007, 01:23 PM. Reason: grammar

bags tester , wasabi jerky sounds tangy

Comment

I will put up a carton of beer or spirit (up to $50) as a prize..
      Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

bring tissues if you wanna try the wasabi. clears the nose!

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
          bring tissues if you wanna try the wasabi. clears the nose!
          My tastebuds have returned a fair bit since I quit smoking but I will give it a try :awesome:

Comment

Expert in the culinary arts, I stand in the corner with my hand up, please pick me to judge.
            There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing.
            All the rest are merely games."
            Ernest Hemingway

Comment

You better bring your best Davey ... no excuses and the taste testers MUST try every one so be prepared

we need some entrants ... I thought Kim makes jerky too????

Comment

I think I'm well qualified to be a tester.

And I'm a fussy mofo.. just ask anyone thats been to a restaurant with me.

Comment

I DEMAND TO BE A JUDGE KTHNX!!lc

Comment

can i be a jufge too? or just eat some jerky?
                    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

ill be a judge. i luuurve jerky
                      or ^whs^, can i just eat some?
                      im a holding, stroking, loving machine...also spanking

Comment

i got more judges than makers ... carn need a couple makers

Comment

this sounds splendid. i will even rustle up an alcoholic prize also for eating/judging my weight in jerky
                          Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

I'll be in as an entrant. Time to do some more experimenting i have some good tasting ones but it look's like you guy's are going EXTREME. See what i can come up with

Comment

I was thinking maybe we have separate sections for say hot and mild so we can compete properly but everyone has different tastes so ALL IN and whatever the judges like best...

Any hints as to what they like might not go astray and maybe a bottle of liquor will help score a win

Comment

Working...
                              X