HRCA Ride this Saturday 3 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRCA Ride this Saturday 3 November

Meet Sat 3rd November at the Honda Shop Midland at 9.45am for a 10.00am departure. The intention will be to take in the twistiest roads we can find over about a 300km round trip. We will have lunch in a country town before returning to Perth. There will however be opportunities for people to turn around if they have to peel off early.

Notes:

1) The ride is subject to Saturday 3 November dawning with reasonably fine weather. Call 0409-110862 that morning if you have any doubts/concerns about the weather.

2) No squids (If you don't know what that means - look it up).

3) Not cruiser or Goldwing friendly (sorry, but the HRCA ride can't be everything to everyone).

4) 250 sportbikes welcome (but see note 2 above)

5) Riders on brands other than Honda welcome - so long as we don't have to listen to a continuous stream of "Suzukis are better 'cos...." (Positive comments about Buells are okay though ).
    "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Will be there with the new cam mounted to take some actions
    http://www.aplaccounting.com.au

Comment

Missed the last one, don't want to miss this one.

Had already kinda planned a ride with scorpion82 and a mate of his (he has a cbr600 as well), will perhaps rock up on this
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I'll be coming.

Comment

Not a problem, I'll be there

VTR1000F

Comment

I will ignore dst see you there at 930 my time

Comment

Where do we look up squids? I keep getting multi appendaged creatures. Some of the other terminology used here also has this old fart flummoxed. Is there a dictionary for this sort of thing?
              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...tion-of-40071/

^^try this chew^^

search this forum and you will get over 450 definitions of squidlyness.

essentially:
                If you pose a danger to yourself and others when you ride, if you show up to a country ride wearing singlet, shorts and thongs, if you don't know your limits, or, if you happen to be a multi-appendaged aquatic creature;

you are a squid.

oh, and see you guys on saturday!
                looks like the fine weather is rolling out the red carpet for us!
                Last edited by Martin1; 01-11-2007, 09:19 AM. Reason: adding stuff

Comment

Squid: so called because when they hit an inanimate object at high speed in their t-shirt, thongs and shorts - the only thing left is a helmet with a few stringy bits hanging out.
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Ah! Thank you. I once saw a hopping squid in Darwin, Full face helmet and sarong. Hopping from one foot to the other at lights as the road was hot! His reasoning went- My brain is the only bit that wont heal! My response was "what brain?"
                    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Well I think I will come out to take my rebuilt bike for a "christening" country run!

I assume we're able to refuel somewhere before we hit 200km? Don't think I'd be the only one with that issue either...
                      "No machine has a soul until a man shares his own with it."

Comment

wot shop bike will u be on desmo? I'm pissed i'm missin this one (damn afm exam) but don't worry will be there for dec one!
                        (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorby View Post
                          wot shop bike will u be on desmo? I'm pissed i'm missin this one (damn afm exam) but don't worry will be there for dec one!
                          The Pineapple shaped one!
                          Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

I should be there if everyone's cool with waiting for me again!
                            Honda's still off the road, though - so you'll have to put up with the bike that runs!
                            "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
                              The Pineapple shaped one!

ahh yes shame bout that read the thread later on... sorry jim
                              (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

Working...
                              X