Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOI week down Albany way in Jan/Feb ride

OK hands up who's interested.

Last year I took a week off In Jan to blast all around the south west and had a bloody great time.

This year I'm thinking a little more subdued with a two day jaunt to Albany, Two days there veging out and sinking piss and a day to get back.

Sound appealing to anyone?

places on the itinerary worthy of mention include:

Miscellaneous roads of the South west,
    Rickety Gate vineyard in Denmark,(where my mate Russ might give a tour of his new cellar door and taste some loverly wines.
    Earl of Spencer Pub ( where you can have a pint and a pie the size of your head),
    Tanglehead brewery It's a brewpub and I want to go

the trip would occur sometime during the month of January or February which is somewhat flexible at this time (though not the first or second now weeks) leaving probably on a Sunday and back in time to veg out at home and mow your lawns, visit other friends whatever.

Millsy holidays are the best holidays...
    Last edited by millsy; 21-11-2007, 08:40 PM. Reason: updating the facts

Interested. Depending on 2-wheeled status, I may be taking the wagon.
    Not sure if I'd trust "The Z" for a trip down and back in hot weather, although it survived O'Briens once without exploding...

Originally posted by millsy View Post
    Most Definately.

Comment

tempting. I will be on holiday at that time.........

*contemplates*
      Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
        Interested. Depending on 2-wheeled status, I may be taking the wagon.
        Not sure if I'd trust "The Z" for a trip down and back in hot weather, although it survived O'Briens once without exploding...

Most Definately.
        Yay and Jon just volunteered as support vehicle lol

Comment

I "may" be support vehicle.

Comment

we just had a distillery open too!
            euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

Comment

Originally posted by euphoric View Post
              we just had a distillery open too!
              Added to Itinerary

If anyones worried about which days we'll be leaving and trying to get a few days off and the weekend as opposed to a whole week, post up anyway.

The exact dates up in the air at this stage. Might also consider leaving on a weekday to avoid weekend traffic which might be a good idea.

C'mon Bunyack fun fun fun! I know a few perfect spots to get the best out of the R1

Comment

interested mate, but a weekend would be a bit better for me. something like heading down on a friday morning, then coming back up monday?
                been planning a trip down south during the summer-time, so definately interested.
                just depends on times/dates etc...

Comment

OK hands up who's interested.

Last year I took a week off In Jan to blast all around the south west and had a bloody great time.

This year I'm thinking a little more subdued with a two day jaunt to Albany, Two days there veging out and sinking piss and a day to get back.

Sound appealing to anyone?

places on the itinerary worthy of mention include:

Miscellaneous roads of the South west,
                  Rickety Gate vineyard in Denmark,(where my mate Russ might give a tour of his new cellar door and taste some loverly wines.
                  Earl of Spencer Pub ( where you can have a pint and a pie the size of your head),
                  Tanglehead brewery It's a brewpub and I want to go

the trip would occur sometime during the month of January or February which is somewhat flexible at this time (though not the first or second now weeks) leaving probably on a Sunday and back in time to veg out at home and mow your lawns, visit other friends whatever.

90% sure theres a big crew heading down early feb from collie to albany, good crew and a lot of fun. good roads as zig-zag thought country to get there. hope i'm not on call

cheers grant
                  the people's choice, yes the poeple made the right choice, thanks

Comment

Sounds good. Would be interested if it were in Feb. What did the trip cost you last time? (as a roughy)

"Always out-numbered, never out-gunned"

Comment

Sounds good, depends on the date...first 3 weeks of Jan out for me, but feb is good But would I be able to keep up........:mellow:

Comment

I'm looking at February now myself as with work Aus day is quite busy and the first two weeks of Jan have since been spoken for ... which makes it even easier to decide.

Feb 2nd is looking good for a departure date and was even thinking of working it in with FarRide to Esperance,( then riding to Albany) Though I'm not sure if this makes it more or less appealing for other people. As always I'm easy nothings set in stone yet.

Cost wise, A twinshare will set you back in the region of $70 per night which is $35 per person, (guesstimating), think $20-25 per 200km/stop more or less.

If you did four nights at a motel and 3000km it shouldn't cost more than $500 plus food and drinks. Thats a fairly generous budget I might add. You should do your own math based on your bikes economy ( riding at 'the pace' ) what you are likely to consume in food and beverages, and accomadation which will be sussed out later when people say yay or nay to coming.

Comment

.. so that's wot we doin on the run into Denmark earlier this year

riding at 'the pace'
                          .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

yes that was 'the pace.' I fail to see anything amusing smartarse

coming?

Comment

Feb 2 still the departure date?
                              Needs to talk to my boss after new years and tee up a date with him cos I'm finishing this job on Feb 29, pending the start date for my new job...

Comment

Working...
                              X