Return of the Garden Party Thurs 13th December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of the Garden Party Thurs 13th December

After a brief holiday, it's on again - the infamous Garden Party returns.

Meeting at the Shell cnr Beach and Erindale Rds (Warwick shops) 7:30pm for 8:00pm sharp depart.

Intended for those of you who are getting bored on the LNRs but still feel daunted by the FNRs. We will travel (in the words of Adam Sandler) "at a medium pace".

Roolz:

- Starfish is at the front.
    - Overtaking is fine but not on corners, roundabouts or on the left.
    - Keep an eye on the person behind you - if it's a little tight and they still want to overtake they will be indicating right and waiting for your signal (left indication) that it's safe to pass.
    - Position change to be indicated with indicators, not arms or legs (save these for road hazard warnings)
    - Ride staggered when safe - keep the eyes of the rider in front of you visible in their mirror
    - Standard corner marking, ie if the rider behind you isn't visible then pull over well before the corner and wait for 'em.
    - No arsebanditry - if you have to bin your bike, make damned sure it's a Single Vehicle Accident!
    - No 3rd party insurance, no attendance.
    - If you're on L plates, wear 'em
    - We'll occasionally pull over to let the group reform if it gets fragmented - head count etc - so if you need to peel off make sure Starfish or the nominated Tail End Charlie knows about it.
    - Make sure your tank is full before you get to the meet point. Expect around 150km and to use more than the usual amount of fuel for that distance.

No big surprises in that lot. LET'S GO FOR A RIDE!!!!
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Yay!!
    In.
    Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

In

p.s. Meet point? At a shopping centre, on a Thursday night, not long before Christmas. Maybe somewhere else nearby?
      FTP

Comment

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
        In

p.s. Meet point? At a shopping centre, on a Thursday night, not long before Christmas. Maybe somewhere else nearby?

Down by the side of the shell servo has space that never gets used by cars for parking.
        We've used that before
        Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

This is a brilliant idea!!! Yay the medium pace...

i'll be there

Comment

If i fly/drive back in time ill be there. Cheers CS.
            As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

Shampoo bottle, Sairz?
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

o rly starfish? to do with as adam sandler dictates???

Comment

Oh piffle, I fly back to kazakhstan the night before
                  In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

Haha

busted

Comment

5fuckingchar.

Comment

in if i'm in teh state

(i could be in brisbane for a few days about then :|)
                          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

In!

Missed every previous Garden Party due to mechanical issues, but i haz a new biek now, so nothing can go wrong! (fingers crossed)

Comment

IN...

Comment

Working...
                              X