HRCA Ride this Sat 1 December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRCA Ride this Sat 1 December

Meet Sat 1 December at the Honda Shop Midland at 9.45am for a 10.00am departure. The intention will be to take in the twistiest roads we can find over about a 300km round trip. We will have lunch in a country town before returning to Perth. There will however be opportunities for people to turn around if they have to peel off early.

Notes:

1) The ride is subject to fine weather. Call 0409-110862 that morning if you have any doubts/concerns about the weather.

2) No squids (If you don't know what that means - look it up).

3) Not cruiser or Goldwing friendly (sorry, but the HRCA ride can't be everything to everyone).

4) 250 sportbikes welcome (but see note 2 above)

5) Riders on brands other than Honda welcome - so long as we don't have to listen to a continuous stream of "Suzukis are better 'cos...." (Positive comments about Buells are okay though ).
    "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Come to the charity ride instead

Comment

I have always been interested in attending one of these, but they always run on Saturday's when I work

Any particular reason they don't run on Sundays?

Comment

its always the first sat of the month
        (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by giant9765 View Post
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^
          However, FJ and Uncle Ho (MyFX) are 2 examples of people that dont fit this genre but fit into the forum well as well respected members.

Comment

love to come but charity ride on not sure weather to attend either
            going to rain my bike will catch a cold

Comment

Doh...Missed the last one cause of work and unfortunately I will miss this one cause one of my mates how I have not seen for ages are in town for the weekend. Is there going to be a January Run?

Comment

Point 3 ?

So should this really be a HRCA ride then?

Comment

Originally posted by giant9765 View Post
                  Good cause
                  Had to say it. Have a good day anyway!!

Comment

The HRCA Ride is a fixed event each month and is advertised accordingly in the HRCA national magazine. So unfortunately it sometimes conflicts with other one-off events.

With respect to point 3, it is more of a recommendation than an exclusion. We have just found from past experience that the cruisers find it hard going because of the type of roads we travel. Invariably those on cruisers who do show up turn around after about a 100ks or so on their own volition.

Not so much here but on the east coast, HRCA have dirt bike rides, cruiser rides and sport bike rides. In time and when there is the demand I think WA will offer the same as well.

Anyway its the last HRCA run for the year so perhaps we'll see you there - either way its just good to know we are all going to be out riding.

Our first ride back next year will be 5 January.

Comment

Sorry Spock and Lolly, I know I said I might come, but didn't realise this was on the same day as the Toy Run, I've already made too many promises to go on that instead.

Hope it's a great day for you though

Comment

I'll be at the start point!

Comment

Originally posted by Nik View Post
                          Any particular reason they don't run on Sundays?
                          Because The Honda Shop, Midland is the HRCA WA chapter dealer and they are not open on Sundays.

Originally posted by Flat_Stick View Post
                          Point 3 ?

So should this really be a HRCA ride then?
                          Well, I guess it probably should be advertised as the HRCA sport-touring run.

Having said that, we don't mind cruiser riders coming along so long as they understand that there will be fast stretches and corners on the route and that we will not be 'cruising'.

It depends more on how you like to ride rather than what you ride. If your idea of a great ride is a nice cruisy straight-line ride up the Great Northern Highway and back - then our ride is not for you.

If you like twisty back roads - then come along!
                          "Live Long and Prosper"

Comment

I was wondering the other day whether or not you would be having one this weekend.
                            Would've come along guys, but the toy run is my destination this Saturday.

I suppose i will see you guys in the new year! have fun and stay rubber side down!

off topic: I met your cousin (think he said cousin?) on the tuesday learner ride this week spock!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin1 View Post
                              I was wondering the other day whether or not you would be having one this weekend.
                              Would've come along guys, but the toy run is my destination this Saturday.

I suppose i will see you guys in the new year! have fun and stay rubber side down!

off topic: I met your cousin (think he said cousin?) on the tuesday learner ride this week spock!
                              Yeah, he's my 2nd cousin, once removed (or something like that!). Look after him!
                              "Live Long and Prosper"

Comment

Working...
                              X