West FarRide #5 to Esperance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West FarRide #5 to Esperance

Another ride in the FarRide series has been organised. 2nd Feb 2008 - destination Esperance. The idea is to do 1000k in a 24 Hr period. This ride will be an overnighter (although some may prefer to do Esperance & back in a day?). Meet at Esperance Hotel/Motel between 1 & 1:30 pm (yes, you'll probably have to leave Perth at just after midnight to do the required 1000k by 1pm!!)
    For more info, suggested routes and to register, go to FarRiders.com Australian Long Distance Riders
    Cheers
    Rob
    [email protected]

GTR-AUS
    FarRiders Australia

Saw that - should be interesting - will more than likely be going. will know closer to the time - the weather should be a little warmer than West FarRider 4

Anyone interested in a one day 800-900km group ride?
    Supported and kept fit by sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Westrider View Post
      Another ride in the FarRide series has been organised. 2nd Feb 2008 - destination Esperance. The idea is to do 1000k in a 24 Hr period. This ride will be an overnighter (although some may prefer to do Esperance & back in a day?). Meet at Esperance Hotel/Motel between 1 & 1:30 pm (yes, you'll probably have to leave Perth at just after midnight to do the required 1000k by 1pm!!)
      For more info, suggested routes and to register, go to FarRiders.com Australian Long Distance Riders
      Isn't the idea that you do 500km to ride to the lunch (therefore having to do 500km to return home...via the same route, or equal or greater distance), and that gives you the 1000km?

My calculations would have you leaving home before 7.00am and then be home by 8.00 pm (allowing an hour for the lunch). Correct me if I am wrong.
      Originally posted by Viper
      I'm probably fucking something up.
      FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
      Administrator

Comment

doe's that also mean starting on the 1st at 1pm any kms done the day before getting there count( say gero to per, stay the night, per to esp ) will this count.

could be interested

cheers grant
        the people's choice, yes the poeple made the right choice, thanks

Comment

klms from gero to Perth won't count if they are not within the 24 hrs period. Check their website out...it has ALL the guidelines.

Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Steve View Post
            Isn't the idea that you do 500km to ride to the lunch (therefore having to do 500km to return home...via the same route, or equal or greater distance), and that gives you the 1000km?
            Doesn't matter how & when you do the 1000k - as long as you do it in a 24hr period ie ride to Esperance (+/- 750k) and back again in a day would give you +/- 1500k so you'll well & truly have made the reqd distance!

For those that want to make it an overnighter, you would need to do the 1000k on the first day. You can do this any way you like - go directly down for lunch and then do a 250k scenic ride around Esperance surrounds or take the long route to Esperance, have lunch and spend the rest of the day on the beach!!
            Cheers
            Rob
            [email protected]

GTR-AUS
            FarRiders Australia

Comment

Thanks Rob

Administrator

Comment

Also...does any one know what the planned route will be on Sunday 16th December (when the locals go for a ride with "Iron Butt" Dave)?

Administrator

Comment

Ride with Aussiedav

Yep - it's only going to be a short ride as Dave will just have ridden across Australia and will be heading back in the early hours of Monday morning.
                  Meet at Midland McDonalds at 9:30am Sunday 16th. Ride will be Toodyay Rd to Toodyay, Julimar Rd to Chittering Rd, down through to Bullsbrook then across via Neaves Rd, Joondalup Dve, Burns Beach Rd to Burns Beach cafe. Less than 200k.
                  Cheers
                  Rob
                  [email protected]

GTR-AUS
                  FarRiders Australia

Comment

For god's sake make sure you do the esp tourist loop. Don't worry about anything after 11 mile its just straights (if you going around it clockwise) and watch out for turns around 9 mile (think its signed as "observatories" these days). They're just a little sharper than the others thats all. You won't regret it!!!

Comment

I like this concept. I'm presuming that ppl tend to organise their own little sub-groups to ride there together in???
                      Find me on Instagram

Comment

I like this concept too, now to find a bike with a fairing ...

Comment

FJR for hire

Harden up Dingo...do eet nekkid

Administrator

Comment

Doesn't matter how & when you do the 1000k - as long as you do it in a 24hr period ie ride to Esperance (+/- 750k) and back again in a day would give you +/- 1500k so you'll well & truly have made the reqd distance!
                            Yeah, I've been seriously thinking about those distances and turning this one into a SS1600. On the other hand, I rarely knock back a night at the pub Or could do the 1,000k's by riding somewhere after work Friday and finishing it off Saturday morning. Plus it depends on whether an annual 2-day dirtbike safari happens the weekend before and how I pull up from that. There's just so many options for this one! I'll make my mind up closer to the time.

Steve, it's MONTHS away - plenty of time to get your shit organised
                            Last edited by Miss Behave; 03-12-2007, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Thanks F....thanks a lot

Administrator

Comment

Working...
                              X