X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrakDayz

Guys, 2008 Trakdayz dates are up now:

Trakdayz

think i'll be signing up asap for a Level 1 class pretty soonish.

anyone know if you're covered under WQBE insurance for TrakDayz events?

Check your Insurance policy, some do some don't, Shannon's do

Comment

fark.

WQBE policy (verbatim) -

There is no insurance under this policy if at the time of the incident your bike was being ridden by you and was being used for rider training or rider instruction on a race track, speedway track or any other type of course or facility
      great way to help improve rider skills and thus reduce at fault claims there WQBE!

Comment

Originally posted by Brougham View Post
        fark.
        WQBE policy (verbatim) -
        great way to help improve rider skills and thus reduce at fault claims there WQBE!
        I wouldn't worry too much, just ride within your limits

I have only put one bike in the sand (upright) from around 10 visits to tracks the other half has only had one slide (easy fixed) from more than that.

Frame sliders help lessen the possible damage if you low slide, bugger all help in a highside though.

Level 1 is not that intense that you should loose control of your bike, go for it.

I took both the new gixxer and my 636 down to Collie and threw them around the track there last weekend

Comment

i'm trying to find some sliders for the viffer at the moment, but all so far i've found require cutting a hole in the fairing. i'd rather not, helps with re-sale not messing with stuff like that. might hold off signing up for the course until i've got some.

Comment

Look up Shogun sliders, put some on the gixxer yesterday, cost me $75 bucks delivered from the US in 4 days The gixxer thou's have plenty of space though, cut one fairing on the ZX636, doesn't matter if you're going to leave them there or in my case keep the bike

There was a place making brackets, GD Engineering? comes to mind

Comment

Shogun sliders - Where did you get them from, kneedraggers?

EDIT - nothing for viffer there. i'll keep looking. thanks anyway Sandra.

Comment

found some that are no-cut sliders, and they're actual Oggy Knobs type.

VFRworld - View Single Post - Oggy Knobs anyone?

bitch of things though, $500 for the kit!!!!!

Comment

Yeah Oggy Knobs are expensive but they're quality items - no cuts required for the ones on my ZX636, and they seem to be sturdy enough too, my bike fell over in a trailer and it took most of the hit, no damage to anything other than a little scratch on the case (still pissed me off something cruel though).

Comment

I successfully (?) tested my R&G Sliders just recently.

They did their job very well.

Comment

Oooh track days.......definately gonna have to do some of these I think
                      In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

Comment

Working...
                      X