Wed 19th December: Pre Double-Demerits Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wed 19th December: Pre Double-Demerits Ride

Wednesday is the last day before double-demerits kicks in (i.e. 20/12/2007 to 06/01/2008 inclusive) so let's take advantage of the good weather forecast (fine, 12-25C) to get one last decent ride in. It'll be worth taking a day off work (I feel a cough coming on ).

We're meeting at the Caltex at the corner of Albany Highway, Gosnells Road West and Mills Road West (which is in Gosnells I think) at 8:30am leaving at 9:00am.

The ride will head down to the Dwellingup area and will probably return mid-afternoon. We will be passing a couple of decent eateries, one will be good for a late breakfast and the other for lunch. I am open to stopping at either or both, depending on what everyone wants - however, as stopping for lunch and not breakfast is most likely, it's probably best not to come on an empty stomach.

Pace will range from more-or-less legal on major roads/highways to you-f**kin-loony on back roads. Therefore it would probably not be suitable for learners. However, we will be regrouping at all turns so as long as you're not really slow (just so we're not waiting for too long), you shouldn't get left behind. I'll look at doing up some maps if anyone's interested.

For those who need 98 RON petrol, the Caltex we're starting from should have it, if it doesn't, there's a BP just up the road that will. Note that there isn't any more 98 available on the ride so, if you need it, you should probably start the ride with a full tank.
    Last edited by boxertwin; 18-12-2007, 01:08 PM. Reason: Increased the suitability for newbies.
    "The facts are irrelevant" - Arwon

Bump.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea, although I'm definately a newbie. Not phased though. Just as I type this my workmate says he'll be bringing his golf clubs in and we should go for a hit. What to do!!!

I think I'll read up on newbie advice.

Comment

Originally posted by St Ives View Post
        Sounds like a good idea, although I'm definately a newbie. Not phased though. ...

I think I'll read up on newbie advice.
        Unless we get many people coming, it might end up relatively newbie friendly after all. The bloke I'm organising it with doesn't ride very quickly these days (most of the time, anyway), so if it's just the two of us, it'll just be me zooming off ahead and waiting for him on the faster portions. Even if we do get a few like minded riders coming along, he'll still be there bringing up the rear most of the time. But I'd suggest bringing your K1200S and leaving the VN at home if possible.

Just as I type this my workmate says he'll be bringing his golf clubs in and we should go for a hit. What to do!!!
        You'll have plenty of time during the following 20 days of double-demerits to go golfing. But get done for 110kph on the freeway and that'll be 4 demerits.
        Last edited by boxertwin; 18-12-2007, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Yes the K, I'm used to riding in groups just not with PSB, and you don't own a KS for riding slow, I'm just no gun.

Comment

Yes the K, I'm used to riding in groups just not with PSB, and you don't own a KS for riding slow, I'm just no gun.
            I reckon you'll be fine then - I hope to see you there tomorrow .

Comment

I'll be there but have to be back in Perth before 3pm. I love the pace approach which for me translates as fast and smooth in the twisties (to keep the chicken strips narrow) but law enforcement friendly on the straights.

Newbies don't have to take stupid risks to keep up.
              Ride to live. Live to Ride.

Comment

I'll be there but have to be back in Perth before 3pm. I love the pace approach which for me translates as fast and smooth in the twisties (to keep the chicken strips narrow) but law enforcement friendly on the straights.

Newbies don't have to take stupid risks to keep up.
                Ride to live. Live to Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by garray View Post
                  I'll be there but have to be back in Perth before 3pm.
                  Shouldn't be a problem - see you there.

Comment

Cheers for the ride fellas. Some favorite roads, saw at least 3 bike friendly drivers but only a couple of twits.

Comment

Not a problem - now all we have to do is hope it's been enough to tide us over until the 7th of January...

Comment

Working...
                      X