ANZAC Day 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANZAC Day 2008

Well, I know this is an early call, but hey...I'm going to on holiday in April, taking in Egypt, parts of eastern Africa an probably Morocco and Spain...Should be some great sights and some good diving Oh and a stop at the gold souks of Dubai on the way home...
    The reason i'm telling you this is not to rub it in (well, not reeeeaalllly).It's because I'll be starting my trip in Turkey for ANZAC day 2008 :aus-salute:and was wondering if anyone else was going, or is keen to go?

I'll be getting there the 23rd, and doing a 2 day tour of Istanbul etc before being dropped off the night before at the dawn service site for the Dawn service site and then up the hill to the Aussie service at Lone Pine, then back to town in the arvo for some (Will prob need a day or two for recovery before second leg of trip to Cairo)

If anyone is keen, or already going and keen to catch up over there, shoot me a PM. :aus-salute: :aus-salute: :aus-salute: :aus-salute: :aus-salute: :aus-salute:

Cheers,

Bel
    Try not...Do, or do not. There is no try.

Yoda

I'll be doing the dawn service followed by beers and a BBQ at mine

Comment

Did the very first Anzac day dawn service at Gallipoli in 1998. (guided tour)

Turkey is beautiful, you will love it.

If we didn't have 3 young kids my wife and I would be there in a heartbeat.
      07 MV F41000R
      09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
      07 CBR 600RR trackbike
      sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bella View Post
        Well, I know this is an early call, but hey...I'm going to on holiday in April, taking in Egypt, parts of eastern Africa an probably Morocco and Spain...Should be some great sights and some good diving Oh and a stop at the gold souks of Dubai on the way home...
        The reason i'm telling you this is not to rub it in (well, not reeeeaalllly).It's because I'll be starting my trip in Turkey for ANZAC day 2008 :aus-salute:and was wondering if anyone else was going, or is keen to go?

I'll be getting there the 23rd, and doing a 2 day tour of Istanbul etc before being dropped off the night before at the dawn service site for the Dawn service site and then up the hill to the Aussie service at Lone Pine, then back to town in the arvo for some (Will prob need a day or two for recovery before second leg of trip to Cairo)

If anyone is keen, or already going and keen to catch up over there, shoot me a PM. :aus-salute: :aus-salute: :aus-salute: :aus-salute: :aus-salute: :aus-salute:

Cheers,

Bel

So much jealousy, so much want to do same....so much cant!

Am sure you will have the very best time there. Have had friends do the Dawn Service there before and they have all said its one of the most humbling and amazing experiences. One day I will....in the meantime, fly the Aussie flag proud while your there!

Comment

God I wish I was going to be there with you.

I'll be joining Desmo at the Dawn Service.
          "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

that would be awesome to be there bella.

i will be at the dawn service in kings park.

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Working...
            X