Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March is Donate Blood Month at PSB

March is Donate Blood Month at PSB

Each year the members of PSB donate generously in a variety of forms, perhaps one of the most important donations/events we co-ordinate is the PSB annual Blood Run.

Each donation of blood that is made can potentially be used to save 3 lives, around 20% of all donated blood is used by road trauma victims.

This year instead of trying to get large groups of people organised to donate together (which we will do anyway!) we are proposing that the entire month of March is "Donate Your Blood Month".

I'd like to see a new PSB record set for the number of peeps who will donate. Lets set the number at 50 over the month and see how we go. I believe 30 something is our PB.

So, call 13 14 95, make an appointment with one of the following group bookings or if you cant make it to a group booking then make an appointment at a time that suits you and roll on in to one of several metro donation centres.

Those who donate throughout March will receive a special limited edition Gold (not real gold!) PSB pin badge plus a gift from the blood bank.

Group Donation times throughout March will be:

(1 per week at different metropolitan donation centres.)

Week 1: Wednesday, 5th March. Fremantle between 1200 and 1915.
    Week 1: Thursday, 6th March. Whitfords, between 1200 and 1915.
    Week 2: Tuesday, 11th March. Rockingham, 1130 to 1930
    Week 3: Monday, 17th March, Morley, 1000 to 1930
    Week 4: Wednesday, 26th March, Wellington st Perth, 1000 to 1930

As mentioned if you cant make one of these dates, find a time that suits you, remember to tell them you are from PSB.

Some of the previous blood runs have received media coverage:

Give Blood. Save a Life. It could be your own.

Oh good, I have missed the last couple and now have an excess of blood that I need letting

Comment

I am in as I allready have an appointment 05/03/2008 at 530pm
      in Perth CBD so can we make it that date

Comment

I got a call the other day, and will be one of the first to go to the new Morley blood bank. So it looks like I'll be due again in mid-April.

This won't stop me from coming along for moral support!
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

I iz not allowed but will join barfy as cheerleader

Comment

I can't.... Didn't leave England till 1988 and had a tattoo within in the last 12 months so I am well and truly out. But really really good guys
            In the cherry blossom's shade
            There's no such thing
            as a stranger.

Comment

In, it'll give me extra time to save monies for next tattoo

Comment

Rumour has it that Dubs gave up 3L, cause he can.

Comment

Yeah Chris, I am in mate.

Comment

In again

Comment

Meh, lived in the uk for 15 months from 1992... apparantly i have the blood of a mad cow...

...moo.
                      I do not mean to pry, but you don't, by any chance, happen to have six fingers on your right hand?

Comment

i have always wanted to donate blood but unfortunately have always chickened out. I can not stand the sight of blood Time for a change. Will be in on this one !! Will try and get a few mates to do it as well.

cheers for organising..

PS: what are the rules for donating ?

Comment

Will be in on whatever date you organise that I'm in town for....
                          Now to drag along a few people with me

Comment

Originally posted by taDere View Post
                            i have always wanted to donate blood but unfortunately have always chickened out. I can not stand the sight of blood Time for a change. Will be in on this one !! Will try and get a few mates to do it as well.

cheers for organising..

PS: what are the rules for donating ?
                            Hey, I'm definitely in. Haven't donated for a while now.

Rules are you're aged between 16 and 70
                            No tattoos within the last 12 months
                            Not pregnant or given birth recently
                            No allowed serious heart conditions
                            Not allowed to donate if you're blood has low iron
                            Not allowed if you lived in the UK for 6 months between 1980 and 1996

There's also a few other rules. Can't remember now though. But when you call up, if its your first time, they'll ask you all the appropriate questions.

Comment

can't be gay or an IV drug user
                              can't have spent time in certain areas of tropical disease
                              there's a time limit for piercings as well, can't remember what it is
                              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Working...
                              X