Sepang 2008 EOI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sepang 2008 EOI

Here's the deal I want to go to Sepang this year for the Moto Gp it's in October. My Bro and his Gf are going to Europe and whilst they were researching cheap flights I got them to look into airfares to Kuala Lumpur.

Traveling via Singapore it's very possible to get return trip for $550.00AU or possibly even less.
    Which is super sweet and super affordable.

Myself, Hornet and Dingo were talking about doing this at the PI GP last year so theres three eoi's to start with. Who else is interested?

You would specifically be expressing interest in traveling as a group to Malaysia for the GP around the days of the 19th to 21st of October (ie. one or two days before and one or two days after the GP going on whats available). With the intention of booking and paying airfare sometime in February. Accommodation would be then sought to cater for all those paid up and taking part on a budget minded basis.

possibly depending on work situ

Comment

I will most certainly go back again. Had an absolute ball last year. Bladebabe organised it last year (see the motoGP Section) and I ended up paying just over $1k for flights and 7 nights accomodation

7 night option including breakfast and transfers

$1339.00 single share
      $1059.00 per person twin share
      $1039.00 per person triple share
      (land only = $349.00)
      We flew out on the Wed arvo, faffed about Thursday, Practice Friday, Qualifying + Pit Walk Saturday, Main Race SUnday and Monday/Tuesday general Shenanigans. Was a very cheap holiday (everything was dirt cheap when you got there).

We got the tickets real cheap on the practice day and had the choice between two grandstands on the main day. Cost less than $70 I believe (although I do forget these things). I am considering going the whole-hog this year And doing the VIP thing. 2007 was 2000RM ($670) for 2 days In the air-conditioned VIP area with Lunch, bottomless beer, etc (http://www.malaysiangp.com.my/story/moto-gp-hospitality).

So, bottom line is that I will be there in 2008 and intend to go with PSBers (if I'm welcome again ). Maybe PM BladeBabe/STUART and see if they have started thinking about it yet. We got a pretty good discount rate with 15 of us, and I'm geussing 20+ would get and even better deal!

Comment

We are going to do Sepang this year, Shane's daughter Jessi has wanted to go to a GP but we couldnt take her to the European GPs we went to and was unable to take her to Phillip Island last year so as its Jessi's birthday that weekend we are going to take her to Sepang.

We are going over for 2 weeks so will be over there before you guys but interested in finding out best airfare deals and best accommodation in relation to the GP weekend
        DOCWA

Comment

Well I am all up for going again this year...

Was hoot...

And Sammy is right about the prices, though I think the tickets worked out at $80Au...

We had taxis organised, and five to a taxi the round trip was 50 ringgit, about $18Au each...

The taxi rides are as much fun as the GP...

Then theres the general shenanigans, again as much fun as the GP...

Comment

oooeeer. might join this one...have to get another tank signed by then
            Originally posted by Red_is_Best
            hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Depending on the work situation id be very interested in this!
              Last edited by Stratos; 06-01-2008, 08:48 PM.
              I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

very interested, depends on work . ...but very interested
                yeeeeewwwwww

Comment

This is not an EOI

This is not a "maybe"

This is me locking this shit in

Dorset Regency can kiss my ass however!

Comment

The other hotel was better...

Opposite Time Square...

Comment

Hotel demands

1) non-smoking rooms
                      2) pool area where we can drink
                      3) something in the pool area that will allow us to do bombies off
                      4) staff not to be retarded

hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Pkunk View Post
                        This is not an EOI

This is not a "maybe"

This is me locking this shit in

Dorset Regency can kiss my ass however!

You know, Even tho they pissed me off and I got quite Riled up, I would still stay there again (yeah, back flip I know).

Marcus and Lushy didn't want to stay at Dorsett and decided elsewhere, they seemed happy with their choice. There is also the place Di stayed. Plenty of options

Comment

Now that I've been to a couple of Moto GPs I'm not sure I'd go for the pit walk / practice and qualifying days. Just go for the race day. Unless the VIP tickets allow you a greater level of access?
                          http://www.internetblackout.com.au/

Comment

will be returning to sepang to make this year the hat trick....

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.....HEY MOHAMAD, GIVE US a WAVE?? BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Comment

Friday practise is free man

plus they (suzuki ) do way more standups

Comment

Working...
                              X