Motorcycle Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Rally

The company myself and Stone work for, are opening a new business and as a way of promoting our new business we would like to organise a good old fashioned rally.You know the type were you look for clues and the first one to the final destination wins.

We would probably supply some sort of 1st,2nd ,3rd prizes and maybe provide a sausage sizzle & drinks at the end depending on attendance numbers.

I was looking at having it early april some time or maybe a little earler and start from scarbs and end ?

What i need to know is there any suggestions in regards to length & time of ride, legalities of any sort, final destionations, how to pick winner(not everyone rides a 1000cc bike) general logistics and whether or not to charge a small entrance fee if numbers exceed a certain amount. Do i have checkpoints manned . Places that have large parking areas, types of clues i / we could have in rally.

Post up or PM me your mobile# if you can help or offer advise in regards to this idea.

If not a rally maybe just a ride and a sausage sizzle
    I look forward to your replies
    LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE
    LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE

'Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
    shouting 'FUCK YEAH ...WHAT A RIDE!'

REGRET NOTHING YOUVE DONE

Ahh bringing back memories of 80's company social outings. (when i was a wee tacker of course)

As I recal, the winner is determined as the first person to arrive having travelled a distance closest that that which you have predifined during a recy.

Length of time? Normally about 3-4 hours.

Legalities? Just dont have any clues or special collections that require people to tresspass or put them in any danger.

Clues/Queries etc.... How many street lights on the narrows etc... bring back a peice of horse hair. Looking for the windsor hotel for instance: dont tie (windsor knot etc) yourself up too long looking for a beer on mends street blah blah blah...

Checkpoints? Not normally unless its particularly long.

Also theres normally a sealed envelope with a map advising of the expected route or at the very least, the final destination.

The biggest problem I see with this is its normally a two person job with one person driving/riding the other spotting and taking stock of clues/questions etc. A little more difficult on a bike.
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Do the route, or a few combinations of possible ways at the speed limit.

That sets the time for the rally. Closest to that time wins..stops everyone speeding..

Comment

OMG I was just thinking of one of these. That's some serious twilight zone shit.

Done a few in cars, usual way is to make everyone take a digital camera with them to prove that they've been to all the places. Might be an idea to break the group into small teams of 3-4 bikes and encourage pillions. PM me if ya want a hand.

Comment

Actually a few of us had already (slowly) started planning for this type of event and were going to be looking for sponsorship (to raise monies for MAD etc). Maybe we can get our heads together?

See http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ad-rally-30988

D'Art

Comment

Couple guys from [email protected] used to do these on a semi regular basis. Didn't worry about the times but had questions about area/landmarks. It was more a navigation exercise than anything. I guess some bastard would bring thier GPS and ruin the fun.
            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by D'Artagnan View Post
              Actually a few of us had already (slowly) started planning for this type of event and were going to be looking for sponsorship (to raise monies for MAD etc). Maybe we can get our heads together?

See http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ad-rally-30988

D'Art
              Sounds good i'll be in touch via a PM
              LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE
              LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE

'Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
              shouting 'FUCK YEAH ...WHAT A RIDE!'

REGRET NOTHING YOUVE DONE

Comment

This sounds awesome. I havnt done one of these in years.

Comment

Sounds like an awesome idea, would be intersting on a bike tho but what the hell? Lets do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Demon View Post
                    how to pick winner(not everyone rides a 1000cc bike)
                    It won't matter, because we'll all be sticking to the speed limit.
                    Cam sent me a PM about this just the other night.
                    Spooky.

Comment

good to see the minds merging !

bit of a poker run ?

mebe sponsors at the allocated check points? cost em tho
                      big al's poker run is a classic example.......

im no good at cryptic crosswords so is teams of participants out of the question?

rider and pillion as a requirement to enter ?
                      yep it discriminating, but it gives people a chance to share the fun !
                      $? a head......

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

My thoughts were teams of 3-4 with relatively easy checkpoints along the way. Each checkpoint would have a clue to the next, or a set of easy navigational tasks i.e.

find the pub on the corner and turn right, proceed for 300 metres, read number off the power pole and use as a map reference. Go there
                        A small fee to join in and hopefully some businesses to sponsor (maybe even act as checkpoints etc)

It would NOT be speed = best event but rather whoever returns with all tasks completed.

Finish line would be a BBQ at potatoes house <kidding>..:p

D'Art

Comment

Im really looking forward too this,even if I have too drive a suport vehicle,should be great fun and a good laugh.
                          "YOU CAN TEACH A FAST RIDER TO STOP CRASHING,BUT YOU CANT TEACH A SLOW RIDER TOO RIDE FAST." Mick Doohan

Comment

Fuck yeah! This would be awesome! When my family was in AROCWA we used to take part in these often! 30 odd stinking Alfas screaming around the hills finding random shit, even as a kid not quite knowing what was going on just the atmosphere got you all wound up!

This would be pretty tough on a motorbike by yourself. But still awesome fun!
                            I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

Ahh....memories.

+1.
                              Originally posted by Viper
                              I'm probably fucking something up.
                              FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                              Administrator

Comment

Working...
                              X