O'brians road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O'brians road

Hey to all. I went for a ride on sunday up that wonderful O'brians road and got the shock of my life . About half way along I was going reasonably hard I came round the corner and there was a Goanna streched across the road right on the apex of the corner!! . I managed to stop in time without binning the bike. Basically look out for the wildlife on obrians road !!!!!!!!

Look out for hicks with guns too! :roll:
    Oh and cars in the hairpins :shock:
    HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

Wasn't it a goanna that caused aza's accidnet?

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

Comment

evil goanna strikes again
        I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and im all outa bubblegum.

Comment

Guys and girls I DIDNT have an accident i just got a scare

Comment

Yes :shock: Brings back bad memories :oops: every time I think of O'Brians road I think of that crash.

Comment

yes that is what caused Aza to change his position in the corner resulting in a terrible accident.

Speaking of Aza he is going back into hospital tommorow PM me or call him for details.

Comment

Guys and girls I DIDNT have an accident i just got a scare
                Don't bin it until I've done your bike photo shoot

Comment

There are roos there as well :shock:
                  I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

Yes :shock: Brings back bad memories :oops: every time I think of O'Brians road I think of that crash.
                    :cry: I never fail to slow down for that corner anymore and pay a quick respect to our man with brilliant courage, you rock Aza.

God luck with the op today man
                    Quote: "What do i like about the GP?......The Crumpet I S&#39;pose" <span style="font-family:Times">The Late Barry Sheene &#39;01</span>

Comment

what happened to this aza bloke??

Comment

what happened to this aza bloke??
                        To keep it sort and sweet, Warpie and I use to organize country rides to different locations, Warpie North and myself south.

While on one of our rides, along O'brians road, Aza was forced to take a wide line around a corner due to two of those race horse goanna's at the apex.
                        well the bike went dirt and took out a group of trees and poor old Aza was worse for wear, spinal injuries, Aza had to be air lifted to Hospital.

That was one of my longest days of my life :oops:

My hat goes off to Aza he is a top bloke who stays positive and keeps on smiling 8)

Comment

i hate obriens :evil:
                          i still have issues with that road and the fucking wildlife :cry:

im just glad i was there to help aza out, that was a very sad day for all involved

Comment

Aza is a god in here ( to me anyway )

I visited him today and he is in good spirits....Always looking forward and upward.

He will be out an about soon enough, looking forward to seeing you cruzing at Scarbs my man

Hey Gonz, I take a mean pic don\'t I ?

Comment

Cheers Aza hope you are doing OK. That day Calvin, Box and myself narrowly missed the same two Goannas.

I was in front and encountered the two Race Horse Goannas first - my attitude was I will run over them or kick 'em out of my way. But thats 40 years of riding experience. (Not the same for Roo's, Deer, Cows or Horses though)

Aza was further behind and didn't get the benefit of my decision. Calvin was that close to me he didn't even see them. Box did and followed my line. It could have been a 3 bike crash making it even worse - if that is possible to contemplate after what happened to Aza.

Riding in the country you need an extra saftey margin for the unexpected. Also our rules of no inside passes certainly saved Calvin who saw my wider line as opportunity.

Its not just O'Briens Road - its ALL country roads you have to expect the unexpected round EVERY blind corner. I could fill this post with instances of U turning tourists, tractors, hay trucks, log trucks, unmarked gravel roadworks, idiot motocyclists parked on a blind bend, double line crossing caravans, cars blocking one way bridges etc - but I am sure you see the point. I survived them all with my riding attitude.

There are far more dangerous roads than in the country. eg Scarborough Beach rd Mitchell Freeway and Gt Eastern hwy spring to mind as high accident locations
                              Honda is No 1
                              <div align="center"></div> <div align="center">CHEERS BAR</div>

Comment

Working...
                              X