Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoop Ass Wednesday 17/11/04

G'day Peeps,

I got next week off work, and am planning to go take the TL for a run at Motorplex wednesday night. :twisted:

Any takers? Could meet up somewhere and cruise out there.
    If life is a journey to death, then i want to just barely make it... skidding in sideways out of gas with smoke rolling from the motor on two bald tires, still drunk from last night and still owing everyone money!!!

How much?

How much does it cost to be in whooparse wednesday? can you race bikes there? what do you need to be able to? I dont know much about it.

Resist
    The Twitter

Comment

Competitors register from 5:00pm, spectators from 5:30. Racing starts 6:00pm through to 10:00pm ish.

$30 to run your bike/car. Apparently, you normally get a couple runs, $12 to spectate. Cheaper if you got a racing license of some description, not sure but $25 or something.

You need Leather Jacket/Pants or similar protective gear (ie draggins are cool i think), helmet, gloves and boots i believe.

I never done it before, should be interesting. :?
      If life is a journey to death, then i want to just barely make it... skidding in sideways out of gas with smoke rolling from the motor on two bald tires, still drunk from last night and still owing everyone money!!!

Comment

Check out the Motorplex site Click

How many runs you get depends on how many people turn up on the night. The record is some guy last year on a bike who did 32 runs. :shock: Weren't many people there that night.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Comment

Yeah i have been waiting to take the bike down for a while now, but weather has usually been crap on a wednesday. Next wednesday might be alright??

Comment

i might go down there myself
            its been a while :shock:

if it looks like it will rain,they can the night.

Comment

my last exam that day will prob be out

if not and have new tryes ill come
              Love
              Nick :twisted:

Comment

Sounds good,

what's the fastest time they have clocked down there on the track???

and what bike was it.
                ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
                FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Comment

nice, well my mate on the gixxer1000 and i have been talking about it for some time, so i think its time to bite the bullet and DO IT
                  but....my bike is at northside at the moment and im not sure if ill have it back in time cause we are waiting for parts from japan :cry:
                  so if its a goer we'll be there ready to go if not ill be there to support ya anyways and take ya pics if ya like

Comment

yeah its not bad at the motorplex... gets boring pretty quick though... but still not bad... it does cost about 30 bucks... on a average night get about 7 runs or so... on a quiet night get heaps more... but its a good experience either way...

77R1 was doing 10.3's on a pretty stock standard R1.... i think thats right... Robin????

but Kev (spares from gillies) was doing quicker on his CBR1000....

hope that helps...
                    tba.....

Comment

yeah its not bad at the motorplex... gets boring pretty quick though... but still not bad... it does cost about 30 bucks... on a average night get about 7 runs or so... on a quiet night get heaps more... but its a good experience either way...  

77R1 was doing 10.3's on a pretty stock standard R1.... i think thats right... Robin????  

but Kev (spares from gillies) was doing quicker on his CBR1000....

hope that helps...
                      OOHHH! YEAH got two 10.3sec runs that day looking forward to going again very soon!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
                      Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

yep i wanna go down there and test out my 9 again with my new gearing
                        down one tooth on the front

only got 11 second times with it stock
                        Is Dead

Comment

Sounds like a good idea, well it will be a nice study break atleast.

From the website it sounds like the only pieces of required gear for bikes is a jacket and good gloves, then just long pants and closed shoes.

So make that 1 more in, I've been thinking about it for a while too. :twisted: :twisted:

With the meeting before hand how about in freo, essex st, its a little closer than coming from scarbs????????
                          Life is many different things, just make sure you have one!!

Comment

yep i wanna go down there and test out my 9 again with my new gearing
                            down one tooth on the front

only got 11 second times with it stock
                            God damn :shock: ,i will be very happy if i pull that off!

Freo, Essex St, is good for me, just about any where, I AM ON HOLIDAYS!! :twisted: . Or McDonalds Cannington, near Carousel would be sweet, grab a feed, then jump on the Roe Hwy, but i am easy.

Comment

Well seeing as you made the thread I'll leave the decision up to you. 8)

Wherever is cool with me, it'll give me a chance to get my head out of the books for a while atleast
                              Life is many different things, just make sure you have one!!

Comment

Working...
                              X