WA Day Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA Day Cruise

I've posted this over Facebook and thought I would share here.

The weather is looking great and it's a long weekend, perfect excuse to go for a ride! Pace will be cruisey as it is a DD weekend. This ride will be learner friendly, if you require a shadow please post in the event and hopefully someone will be able to pick you up. Plan is to hit some nice roads, stop for a coffee/lunch somewhere, and be back home early afternoon.

Meet Point: Caltex, High Wycombe, Abernethy Rd Cnr Grogan Rd
    Meet time: 9:45am
    Depart: 10:00am

See you there!

what day? Sat/Sun/Mon?
    Originally posted by Viper
    I'm probably fucking something up.
    FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
    Administrator

Comment

WA Day, Monday 3rd June.

Comment

Originally posted by Known View Post
        WA Day, Monday 3rd June.
        "Foundation Day"... HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Tim the PM View Post

"Foundation Day"... HTH
          It was called Foundation Day but has been renamed to Western Australia Day.

The holiday was celebrated as Foundation Day up until 2011; in 2012 it was renamed Western Australia Day as part of a series of law changes recognising Aboriginal Australians as the original inhabitants of Western Australia.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Australia_Day

Comment

Originally posted by Known View Post

It was called Foundation Day but has been renamed to Western Australia Day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Australia_Day
            Yeah I know. I thought about editing the wiki entry to "
            it was renamed Western Australia Day as part of a series of virtue signalling gestures"

Comment

Should have just shifted Foundation day to Aug 12, for when Mrs Dance cut down the tree. Keep 1 June for WA day. Everyone is happy because another long weekend and no divisive identity politic stuff.

Pardon thread jack. Would love to ride, but werk.
              The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim the PM View Post

Yeah I know. I thought about editing the wiki entry to "
                it was renamed Western Australia Day as part of a series of virtue signalling gestures"
                What a cunt you are.
                EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

I'm going to ignore the above brewing argument and instead post about the ride.

I'm not sure if anyone on here attended the ride but here's a copy/paste of what I wrote on Facebook:

Well what a day!
                  Special thanks to Brendon for helping me keep the learners (mostly) together and to Keith for TEC'ing for the day!

Hands down the biggest group I have ever lead and for the most part it was a smooth ride. Apologies to anyone who was separated during the course of the day. Definitely a learning experience for myself and I have a few ideas on how to try keep a group so large together next time. I've been told we had 57 bikes in total!

Hope you all enjoyed the route and hope to see you out there again!

Comment

Working...
                  X