Touring advice wanted: Alice Springs to Perth in early september

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touring advice wanted: Alice Springs to Perth in early september

Hey all, I'm laying plans for an upcoming trip and tossing up going down great central road. I'll be riding from wyndham to perth this september, and I was considering making a detour via alice springs as I haven't visited the NT before.

What's the go with great central road? Taking a road bike on 1000km of corrugated gravel roads sounds like hard work, and a lot of punctures. Has anyone here made this trip before?
    Originally posted by devolved
    I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.

Today there were about 15 BMW of road bikes heading towards Laverton so I expect the to do the great central road, today it was ok but with in a few days with roadtrains traveling on it corrugations could be rather difficult for a bike.
    To.

Comment

Hmmm. It's a long walk back to the bmw dealer from laverton.

Otherwise the diversion is down to port augusta and back along the nullarbor, which is an extra 1000 km. But at least that won't shake the panniers off the bike.
      Originally posted by devolved
      I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.

Comment

I recently headed from Darwin south to meet a bloke coming up from the GCR. Got to Katherine to find he'd broken some serious shit (shockie welds on a sidecar) and was parked up in Warburton. Or he might have just been drunk...

So I went back to near Pine Creek and we let of a shitload of crackers. NT Territory Day Rocks.

The moral of the story is those corrugations can rip the shit our of your bike so if you go that way, good prep.
        The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Working...
        X