X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perth Extreme MOTORCYCLISTS FIRST AID COURSE

[size=18]Perth Extreme MOTORCYCLISTS FIRST AID COURSE

As with other motorbike crashes many of us have been witness too recently, the events of yesterday are sobering and with the type of riding we do, we are all at some stage going to be presented with the moment that your life, or the life of a fellow motorcyclist’s will be in the hands of the rest of the pack.

I have spoken with St Johns and Perth Extreme are arranging a private Motorcyclist First Aid Course tailored specifically for treating the likely injuries of a motor cycle accident victim including, Breaks/Fractures, Spine & Neck injuries and the vital EAR (Expired Air Resuscitation), CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resus).

The course will run one full day on a Saturday in October and it will be run by St Johns First Aid Training at their Belmont training centre.

The costs are still being finalised with St Johns and is dependent on numbers however an estimate of the costs will be approximately $95.00 per person or less.

Please post your registrations of interest by replying to this Forum Thread so we can get an idea of numbers.

NOTE: We would like to get an accurate indication of numbers, please do not say you would like to attend if you foresee that you will be financially unable or unwilling to attend at a later time. This will make life a lot easier for everyone.

You never know, the life that is saved could be yours ......or more importantly……….. MINE!!!

Deej

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

I will definitely come if it's on the weekend of the 25th & 26th .. I, and assume others, will be in melbourne for the GP (around 17th-19th October)

I might be here for the 4th/5th october weekend also.

I think it's a great idea, something we should all invest in, for the sake of ourselves and fellow riders.

[edit]
    btw, thanks deej
    mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

great dea deej..

is this course going to cover more than senior first aid and advance rescusitation do u know ?? if we could get details of the content or can i call st john direct and find out ??
      Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Yeah sounds like a great idea, i'd be up for it.

Do we get a lil first aid certificate at the end of it aswell?
        First Aid certificate would look all nice and pretty with my resume! :roll:

Comment

Yep, I'm in. I need a refresher thats for sure!

Comment

Definately there!!

Comment

Hewie. There is only so much you can cover in one day and seeing we don’t usually carry emergency ward or paramedic equipment around on our motorbikes the corse will not cover advanced resus, only the shit you can do with yer bare hands.

Dman, no. To get a certificate that is recognised by employers you need to do the Senior first aid course which is 2 days. Mr G and I did this last summer and for those really keen, it is time well spent.

The course is nothing more and nothing less than what I have stated already in my original post.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

cheers no worries deej .. as u say the senior first aid is good value i would recommend it to anyone .. (advanced resus is also a very good course)
                Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Top idea deej.. maybe do a Perth Extreme blood-donation thing one day as well? Then go out on the piss straight after..

If I'm in town I'll definitely try and do it (the 1st aid course that is).

Comment

Top idea deej.. maybe do a Perth Extreme blood-donation thing one day as well? Then go out on the piss straight after..

If I'm in town I'll definitely try and do it (the 1st aid course that is).
                    Blood donation?? That involves needles.....

oh like fuck I'm giving blood!!

Comment

definitely agree with the senior first aid course if you have the time and the cash - not overly expensive ... from memory it's only max $40 more than the regular first-aid ... praying I never have to use those skills
                      I speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth

Comment

Campo: Yeah, I know, I'm not too keen on `em either. But stocks of blood in hospitals are always running low! And bikers crash every now and then...

I can't give blood now anyway, though heh

Comment

Soooo back to the first aid course...... who else is interested...

Comment

im interested deej..... only that i should have the skills to attend to somone else as i was attended to...

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

I will put my hand up for this one Deej. Let me know the details when the time comes. If anyone says no they had better have a good excuse, like Deej said you could save our lives!!!
                              Thanks to my sponsors:

K-Tec Mobile Mechanics - 0415 746 665
                              Tyres for Bikes - Vic Park

Comment

Working...
                              X