Country Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country Run

Had a good run out in the country today.

I went down to the Causeway Honda today just to say Hi to Chookie (and to tell em that Perth Extreme sent me) where I met up with older Dave blue blade. He was going on a country run and kindly invited me to come along.

As it would happen a couple of the PE boys rocked up and a party of seven departed for the hills after the shop closed.

Me and Deej K3
    Dave, Erion Dave, and Chookie Blades
    German Mofo R1
    Dave VFR

We went out via welshpool road and up into the hills through a few roads I've never travelled before. Pace was brisk but not excessive and everyone enjoyed the ride.

Saw a baconmobile at Great Eastern Highway who feigned no interest in us.

Blasted through the hills some more and onto Great Northern Highway (i think) for a stop off in Toodjay. Saw another Baconmobile just outside Toodjay, I'm SURE we weren't travelling any faster than 110 in a 110 zone, but regardless the bacon wasn't interested. It was only a 4x4 anyway and couldn't have kept up with our....110....

After some lunch at Coke Cafe in Toodjay it was a blast down Military Road (were we lost the poor R1 somewhere...i hope he's not in Geraldton).

The afternoon was topped off with a final lash down Chittering Road, which seemed much shorter than last time i went along it...i have no idea why

Things I learnt today.

I'm cornering heaps better. If you have to buy a supersport...get a K3. Anything else is second best.

Cats can come out from nowhere. Where the fuck did that cat come from on Chittering Road. I swear it must have done between my front and rear wheels and fuck me I must have been doing at least 80...or is it 90 in whatever zone that was.

The K3 has an speed limiter set at 300 km/h. Allegedly my bike was capable of 8 km short of top speed until i ran out of room...on a private sealed road that is not open to and used by the public.

What a fucking awsome country run.

Thanks Dave.

Great report Melkor and I second that.

Your certainly looking nice and cumfy on that K3 Melkor, nice going.

Cheers to Dave for the invitation and thanks to Melkor, Madmax, and as usual - 'PE God' Erion Dave for the company. A great run.

So THATS what the country looks like!!

I must admit tho, when Erion Dave and I hit the Freeway on the way home, in kinda felt like being back in 'our hood'.

And for the record, Melkor is right, we did some interesting speeds thru some of these corners today, 50, 60- kph at least *coff*! and the K3 did not miss a beat, shake its head once or ever give me the feeling that it was a separate entity to me.

I promice I will wash those buggs off you tmrw!!

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

where was my invitation bitches?/???

Comment

*shudders at the words "country run"*

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

If we'd only known shox.

Everyone is welcome to join us on a run...

Comment

We was waiting for yas at Scarbs, what happened???

k, we're in for the next one.

Comment

do you mean Saturday or Sunday?

Comment

Saturday, was up at Scarbs till 2pm waitin, but is cool, had a good local run, took some of the guys around some other runs that some hadn't done before including a couple of spins on the new freeway exit to mounts bay rd.......country run woulda been better though.....

Comment

One sided Point of View!

Melkor Melkor Melkor...

If you have to buy a Supersport buy a K3!

I can't argue with that,

but... if you want the ultimate SUPERBIKE buy a 03' Honda 954 Fireblade

Hats off to the Honda R & D Designers/Engineers.

Power is nothing without control. This is one bike that has been designed with that principle in mind.

Not one design flaw to report after my initial experience of the new Blade through the Country. A Country road that hadn't been ridden or experienced by ones self before...

Yes Deej the head did shake a little but thats what I like to call 'bike to rider feedback' She was just asking for her right wrist to be twisted that little more.

Sadly though its an end of an era when Honda releases the RCB1000R next year...

Its quite a tribute again to Honda though seeing as they definately saved the best to last as in my humble opinion I honestly believe the 954 Blade to be the Ulitimate Blade since its inception in 1992.

And for any potential Superbike readers reading this post, Causeway Honda will gladly set you up on one of the 'Last of An Era Blades'. I believe they might even have a Blue over Black Blade just 'run' in ready now as a demonstrator!

I think the Marketing Guru's have the catch phrase already copyrighted.

Road, Race or Dirt Track, we have your Motorcycle... Honda, just ask Rossi!

Comment

Re: One sided Point of View!

Melkor Melkor Melkor...

And for any potential Superbike readers reading this post, Causeway Honda will gladly set you up on one of the 'Last of An Era Blades'. I believe they might even have a Blue over Black Blade just 'run' in ready now as a demonstrator!

I think the Marketing Guru's have the catch phrase already copyrighted.

Road, Race or Dirt Track, we have your Motorcycle... Honda, just ask Rossi!
                    Put me down 4 a new CT110 thanx
                    Ur not the owner/manager/salesman of

Causeway Honda by any chance?
                    (is thatt u Pete?) :lol

Comment

Country Run

Glad you enjoyed the country scenery. Kind of beats the night glimpses of the river you guys took me on the first run! Those 'nasty' Blades kinda stretch the K3's out to full brochure specs don't they?? The Chittering road is renown for Stray Pussy so keep your eyes wide open. I contacted the LOST R1...he found the scenery was going too fast for the dodgy front end......he had to get home as he had run out of Kimbies. Doubt he will join us any time soon. Last I heard he was in THE shop eyeballing Cruisers.....not that there's anything wrong with that! Heading South this Saturday at 1pm .......Wood fired pizza and blurred country scenery guaranteed. You are welcome.... as are other rational riders of 140hp plus machinery. Cheers
                      Honda is No 1
                      <div align="center"></div> <div align="center">CHEERS BAR</div>

Comment

Re: Country Run

Those 'nasty' Blades kinda stretch the K3's out to full brochure specs don't they??
                        Hay Dave! Good to see you on the forum at last.

Listen one thing, I think you are reading the 1994 Suzuki Brochure man. You know, the one that has the same specs as the 2003 Blade?

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Hi Dave! Welcome to the forum.

Deej you need to certify that man

Comment

Yeah, thanx guys

Comment

SUZUKI K3 rider alert

Hi to those K3's people I know > the headlights need adjustment. I noticed that under hard acceleration on the HONDA Blade954 that the SUZUKI K3 headlight beam FADES rapidly in my rearview mirrors. This should be pointed out to your nearest Suzuki dealer as it could endanger the rider should a small furry animal have time to wander out after HONDA 954 Blades rocket through their habitat. Melkor ....you are acutely aware of this problem and being the articulate, educated & responsible person you are ...should compose a letter of complaint to SUZUKI. Perhaps on another Scenic Country Cruise I could be proved wrong???? Luv Yaz...and thanks for making a Country boy so welcome>Cheers
                              Honda is No 1
                              <div align="center"></div> <div align="center">CHEERS BAR</div>

Comment

Working...
                              X