Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DESERT COMBAT - HOW TO GET IT WORKING (IN NON-GEEK SPEEK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DESERT COMBAT - HOW TO GET IT WORKING (IN NON-GEEK SPEEK)

Hi Gang.

Ok after wrestling the beast for a while I've got Desert Combat 0.39 running, so it's Go Go Go for the LAN.

Instructions on Installation.

1. Obtain a copy of BF1942 (origional, ripped, doesn't matter)

2. Install BF1942 to your desired directory, it installs to c:program filesea gamesBF1942 on default (but I like c:gamesBF1942)

3. Install the 1.45 patch to your BF1942 directory - link is v1.45 Patch (free WAIX download, doesn't effect your internet quota)

4. Install the 0.38 Desert Combat patch - link is v0.38 Desert Combat patch (again free WAIX)

5. Install the 0.39 Desert Combat patch - link is v0.39 Desert Combat patch (again free WAIX)

6. Install the no-CD crack - link is no-CD

7. Ok now it gets a little tricky. goto <your BF1942 dir>Modsbf1942SettingsVideoDefault.con.

8. Open VideoDefault.con in notpad and find the renderer.allowAllRefreshRates setting. Change the default from 0 to 1.

9. Make sure your monitor is anything BUT 60Hz refresh rate. Do this by right click on desktop then goto propertyssettingsadvancedmonitorscreen refresh rate.

10. Reboot the computer.

11. Start a BF1942 game and goto video options. You'll not the video display settings will now display a screen refresh rate as well as resolution eg. 800x600 @ 75Hz.

12. Select your desired screen resolution and anything BUT 60 HZ. I use 1024x768 @ 85Hz.

13. Click "Mods" and select "Desert Combat 0.39".

14. Climb aboard a helo and prepair to get your ass fragged off

Alternatively talk to me on LAN day and I'll set this all up for you. I'll have all the patches available on the day.

Cheers gang.

Nice going, thanks Melkor.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

My Battlefield now works because I never knew about the Refresh Rate thing... It's all good

Comment

And oneday someone will come up wit a Mac version.....maybe one day.....I hope.......

Comment

And oneday someone will come up wit a Mac version.....maybe one day.....I hope.......
          Yeaaaaah...Mac.....

NOT

Comment

Yeaaaaah...Mac.....

NOT
            Hmpf......

Comment

Working...
            X