Jerky competition 28th September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Jerky competition 28th September

Well believe it or not its that time of year again ... This will now conincide with the MAD chilli cook off ...

Its jerky making time

same process as last year folks. Need some chefs to make some jerky and some people to taste and give their official seal of approval.

We would also like a little bit of sponsorship if people would like to donate some prizes. We try to get 3 prizes and also a fan favourite as Bunny called it last year.

I have given everyone 8 weeks notice so that the chefs can play with their recipes a little and no excuse for having to rush your batch.

Bunyack will no doubt be taking care of the prizes, judging as he has the last couple times and I hope he's available again and for the judges its $5 to be a taster which generally goes towards first prize etc.

3.30 at the catamarans at South Perth on Monday 28th September. We should have all recovered enough from watching the AFL GF couple days before to have a few more beers and some jerky. I will organise an esky which will be as usual $2 a stubby for what I put in there. Not to make money just to pay for the carton.

post up what you intend to do and chefs please ensure you bring a fair amount of jerky so all judges can get at least 2 pieces hey

cheers

Chefs
    Viper
    Bradlze
    Bendito
    RC_Sam
    Rabbit
    Cam
    wolfy_9005
    Tyrian

Eaters
    Taint
    Barfy
    Murley
    Bunyack
    Fonzy
    LuLu
    Orson
    Rogue
    Koola
    Sairz
    Ozboy

Oh your on
    after winning "people choice" I think it was last year ill be there with bells on this year for another go
    and hopefully this time with my own fresh chillis in the mix
    Originally posted by Lefty
    Wouldn't be like me to upset the herd.

Comment

I'll judge again

Comment

volunteering for judge.
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

NNNNOOOOOOO! I am away that weekend. Can i leave some jerky with someone to take in my place?
          Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

oh yeah ... i'll look after that for you

Comment

I'll put my hand up to be a judge.

Comment

I'll can help out with any eating that's required, I offer years of experience with eating.
                Originally posted by Koola
                Someone sig this.

Comment

Can you dry Jerky without a dehydrator?

Comment

Hang it up on skewers in the oven.

Comment

I will make a batch too ^_^

Jim: in the oven, best if it's fan-forced

Some good discussion in this thread - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...recipes-41922/

Comment

Is it another year already..?
                        Guess I better get to work on some new flavours.
                        Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                          Can you dry Jerky without a dehydrator?
                          thats how I make mine
                          Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

coming down for it Jim? You can just hang it in an oven.

Comment

woot im in to judge
                              SUCH IS LIFE

Originally posted by lee
                              I hope you choke on a donut, and when you do I'm going to inappropriately hit on your grieving widows.

Comment

Working...
                              X