Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country Annual HRCA 3 day ride down south 09

Yes its on! Book your leave now.

Honda Riders Club Association WA Chapter (ie me and Spock) are organising a country run down south.

Details:
    Friday 6th November 09
    Departing 8.30am Midland Honda Shop

Riding a long route taking in as many good roads as we can find and arriving in Bridgetown late Friday evening.

O/night at Bridgetown (Riverside Chalets)

Saturday 7 November 09
    A shorter day but still a full day's riding and lunch at a lovely spot further south returning to Bridgetown in the early evening.

O/night at Bridgetown (Riverside Chalets)

Sunday 8 November
    Early(ish) start for a long day riding some more fun roads before heading back to Perth via an indirect twisty route (ie no highways - so make sure you are fit enough and conditioned for a long day in the saddle!) in the late afternoon.

Accommodation
    There are four chalets available at Bridgetown Riverside Chalets. They can each accommodate up to 8 but I expect, unless there are lots of couples, it will be four to a chalet.

Bridgetown Accommodation Western Australia

Note regular HRCA riders get first dibs on the chalets that I have reserved. There are plenty of other accommodation options in Bridgetown if the chalets fill up. So if you never been on our monthly ride before (or haven't been often) still let me know and I'll put you on the reserve list for the chalets if there is room.

Other costs
    To keep costs down, we will buy cereal, bread, milk etc for brekki, food for a bbq on the two nights and petrol for the support vehicle. Everyone will be asked to chip in towards that cost.

Lunches will be at own expense. Own drinks can be bought in Bridgetown and carried by the support vehicle back to the chalets.

Total estimated shared costs
    Total estimated cost for the 2 nights, 2 dinners, 2 brekkie and share of the support vehicle petrol will be approx $110.

What I need:
    I need a volunteer to drive a car that can tow a trailer. This might be a pillion who is happy to skip the ride on the first and later part of the last day. The car will be towing our trailer that can carry two bikes (for those Ducati break down moments ), gear and beer.

Who is welcome
    1) No squids (If you don't know what that means - look it up). We expect people to safely ride within their ability. On our rides there is no pressure to 'keep up or crash trying'.

2) Not small-commuter-bike, 250, cruiser or Goldwing friendly (sorry, but our ridecan't be everything to everyone.

3) Riders on brands other than Honda welcome - so long as we don't have to listen to a continuous stream of "Yamazakis are better than Hondas 'cos...."

Cancellations
    The ride will only be cancelled if there is torrential rain forecast. Note that we may well not get refunded some or all of money paid for the accommodation in this case.

Things happen, and plans change – I get that. But if you do pike at the last minute and we can’t get another in to take your place, you will need to forgo money paid to cover the accommodation.

What next?
    Please PM me asap if you are 90% certain that you are in. Once I have a good idea of numbers I will then let you know exactly how much it will cost and you can then BSB me the money.

Still not convinced?
    Check out our lil video from last year :awesome:

YouTube - Honda Riders Club Australia (WA) 2008

Lolly
    xoxo
    Last edited by Lolly; 03-08-2009, 11:01 PM.

In.

Can i haz a double bed again???

No Darren - i won't share with you, biatch.

S.
    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Hah - least I have booked all four so there won't be any chance of you intruding in on someone elses chalet this time

Comment

Just watched the vid again what a weekend to all
        If I am in town (not worknig) I would love to come and my nissan would love to pull your trailer but ATM I am about 50/50 will let you know as soon as poss in the next month HRCA best weekend on 2 wheels

Comment

Will be In South Africa... Damn it
          sigpic
          http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

I am in, Can also volunteer the use of a single bike trailer. If we cannot find a two bike trailer again for this year.

I have been looking forward to this for months.

Comment

We will be taking our two bike trailer so thats no probs.

My sister may be able to join us driving her 4wd. I hope to have confirmation on that soon but it would be good to know if there is an alternative.

Thank T-bone for your offer - I do hope you can make it.
              Last edited by Lolly; 02-08-2009, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I'm in.. and cancelling a work trip to suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lolly View Post
                  Yes its on! Book your leave now.
                  Darren and I will be there for sure. We wouldn't miss it for the world!

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
                  No Darren - i won't share with you, biatch.
                  Its ok, I'll share with him

We have a two bike trailer if needed.

Comment

Am definately up for this.
                    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

So in. The early morning run...

Can't wait!
                      Holder of

Team KL 2011. Round 3 - the biggest yet

Comment

Originally posted by Lolly View Post
                        We will be taking our two bike trailer so thats no probs.

My sister may be able to join us driving her 4wd. I hope to have confirmation on that soon but it would be good to know if there is an alternative.

Thank T-bone for your offer - I do hope you can make it.
                        i can drive my commodore down and tow your 2 bike trailer

edit: its a station wagon btw so i can bring down a decent sized esky (with bacon and eggs cereal is meh)
                        Last edited by g0zer; 03-08-2009, 10:04 AM.
                        Originally posted by Bendito
                        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

In at this stage, dependant on work situation.
                          Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

In.

Comment

I'll put down as a maybe for this. still a bit far away to commit to

Comment

Working...
                              X