Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learner R-E Learner only Ride Sunday 23 August

SIKPUPY and DRAGSTA's Learner only ride #1

Meet point :Cannington Motorcycles Cannington 12:30 PM. Departure time will be approx 1 PM.

There will be a limit to a maximum of 10 learners.

The purpose of this ride is for learners to get out for a ride at a relaxed pace and to be able to ask questions and seek information from experienced riders. We will also be giving learners the opportunity to have a practise at O turns and E Stops depending on traffic and weather conditions. We are going to aim at doing one of these rides every 3 weeks, each ride will be a different route and will stop past a licensing centre somewhere along the way. We will try and cover most aspects of learning to ride while we are out and about.

If you do not have a bike and want to attend PM me and we might be able to sort something out. I have 3 bikes available at this stage(This is subject to change) All I ask is that you don't thrash them and you cover the fuel costs.

The map at this stage is here : Leaner only 1 - Google Maps

Things that you need to bring.

Learners Permit
    Good enclosed footwear, long pants, long sleeves(Preferably a good riding jacket) and of course a helmet.
    If you are using your own bike please ensure that all lights, indicators, horn and brakes are in good working order and your bike is roadworthy.
    L plates are to be displayed front and rear of your bike. If you can not do this I will provide you with an L Vest if I have enough spare.

If you need a shadow, these people have offered assistance with this ride so far, date depending, please PM them and ask if they are going to be available. If anyone else would like to offer shadow services please post up or PM me.

Myself (SIKPUPY) Cannington
    DRAGSTA - Forrestfield
    HIHO - Bassendean
    SCRAP - Roleystone
    WENDYLEE - Midland

I am anticipating that we will end up back in Cannington between 4:00 and 4:30 PM, however being the first time that we have done this it may not be too accurate.

Please PM me if you have any questions or want more information.

I've had my R/E for 4 months now, so don't require a shadow neither can I help with that sorry - can I still come along? If you get your quota of 10 "L's" then I'll drop out so you can concentrate on them.

I think you're starting after the 2nd MAD marshalls test ride too, so timing should be perfect.
    aka Matt
    RB 2 11

Comment

Originally posted by bograt View Post
      I've had my R/E for 4 months now, so don't require a shadow neither can I help with that sorry - can I still come along? If you get your quota of 10 "L's" then I'll drop out so you can concentrate on them.

I think you're starting after the 2nd MAD marshalls test ride too, so timing should be perfect.
      As above^ Can't help to learn more.
      Originally posted by polonY
      Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore View Post
        As above^ Can't help to learn more.
        Great - I'm in. Always keen to learn more or consolidate.

Would it be OK try and bring along my daughters B/F - he's just got his R/E last week and bought an ex-postie bike?
        aka Matt
        RB 2 11

Comment

great idea guys
          good on yas

Comment

Any progress on this? If not, I'm going to try and get on Stoneys 250 country ride.
            aka Matt
            RB 2 11

Comment

Originally posted by bograt View Post
              Any progress on this? If not, I'm going to try and get on Stoneys 250 country ride.
              Well it's on prviding we get some people that want to come....... Seems no one is too interested now that we have posted time and dates up

Comment

+1
                Time to get the hog [CBF 250] out of the garage [tarp], put on my colours [L-plates] and do some sick wheelies [o-turns].
                Originally posted by JIM.55
                knowlage dosnt always trumph

Comment

I'm interested. Have finally made time from for a test (on the 26th) so would like to work on a few things with a few people that know what they are talking about.

Live in Lathlain, near you SIKPUPY if your able to Shadow.
                  Originally posted by Roger Explosion
                  Running giveway signs is not hooning. Only dangerous actions like reving your engine is...

Comment

I love to come on this ride

Comment

Mik and Argon. Pm me with your contact details and I will arrange to pick you both up before the ride.

PVA, do you need a shadow ? Where are you located

Comment

no I don't need shadow , I had license for 4 months and I was wondering if Its OK, I can come along...

Comment

Originally posted by SIKPUPY View Post
                          Mik and Argon. Pm me with your contact details and I will arrange to pick you both up before the ride.

PVA, do you need a shadow ? Where are you located
                          PM sent
                          Originally posted by Roger Explosion
                          Running giveway signs is not hooning. Only dangerous actions like reving your engine is...

Comment

I'd like to tag along.

I don't have a bike yet, though I plan to remedy that sooner rather than later .

Now, off to PSB Classifieds.......

Comment

I should have a bike if you want to use one. PM me.

Originally posted by Barnesy View Post
                              I'd like to tag along.

I don't have a bike yet, though I plan to remedy that sooner rather than later .

Now, off to PSB Classifieds.......

There must be more than 2 or 3 learners that want to attend this ride..... Post up people

Comment

Working...
                              X