Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250 Friendly Two Rocks Explorer 30/08/09

Two Rocks Explorer 30/08/09

Start point: Peak Petrol Station, Cnr Katanning and Guildford Rd, Bayswater.
    Meet: 1030hrs
    Depart: 1100hrs
    Pace: Awesomely Italian Scooterish.

This ride had been planned around an extended route that was subsequently found to be excessively long and perhaps too complicated for the noobs. This left us with the option of cancelling or taking the original route that included the much discussed ‘Corner O’ Doom’. At least 30 people voted for this destination so cancelling was out of the question and given that the corner in question is probably the only excitement on an otherwise dull ride, we have decided to go with the original route.

The destination is Two Rocks and I will be returning to the start point via the West Coast Hwy and Reid Hwy after a suitable break if people wish to join me. Others might want to choose the Freeway home rather than crawl along with the Sunday beachcombers and as such; the official ride ends at Two Rocks.

Everyone knows where we’re going so I will be sending route maps out to all that post “In”. Nobody should get lost on a ride like this but do mark corners for the person behind you. We also need a TEC (I believe Koola has first dibs) to sweep up any stragglers and I would also like to ask that someone go ahead and man the ‘Corner O’ Doom’ so all can pass safely. Maybe someone who knows the road well can do this? I will be doing the usual ‘choking’ of the group at the major intersections.

As we are barely escaping the ‘burbs, I will not be utilising a support vehicle for the ride but one will be available should someone have the temerity to fall off on my shift.

Questions are more than welcome.
    Please, call me Flash...

Im in 1st

Comment

In pending weather.

Comment

maybe in
        You know what you get for being a hero? Nothing. You get shot at. A little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy. You get divorced. Your wife can't remember your last name. Kids don't wanna talk to you. Get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy

Comment

The retarded shall be coming for this.

Comment

Possibly in pending weather and bike.
            If its got wheels or tits, you know it's gonna be trouble. ^_^

Comment

damn it im doing an extra shift at work....im out

Comment

Its early and I have a big pub crawl of Vic Park organised - but I should be up for this.

I'll hang out with koola to get the low down on TEC

Comment

*shakes magic 8 ball*

possibly
                  sigpic
                  Its so small

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...e_view&id=9156

Comment

Maybe... depends what time i finish the city to surf and get home to recover
                    Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

In, dependent on work and weather (there I go, tempting fate again).
                      Filbert on Moto Guzzis;
                      Originally posted by filbert
                      it's like a ducati with the motor put in sideways for people who are too scared of the power of harley davidsons

Comment

in dependent i finish my case comment... which i should cause i really want in on this ride

Comment

Should be in for this, but I think I will join the pack as you go past my place. Flash I'm happy to mark the CoD for this.

Comment

In pending my bitch who will be pillioning me:-D. I have my own bike now but still too noob for this ride:-(. Posted via Mobile Device
                            I'm torn between nuking the whole thing, and preserving it as an example of the sandiest vagina I've seen in a long while
                            Me: " some cop would take a photo of you the first chance you go over the limit and no one would let you merge and someone would have thrown a stubbie through your window and chased you the rest of your journey for being in pole position. "

Comment

Sooo, today I took a good look at the route and I’ve had to make a few changes due to road works but overall, it looks like an interesting little ride.

The only real worry I have is the Corner O’ Doom. Since the last time I saw it a few years ago, there has been heavy patch repair done to the outside edge and the verge has been washed/worn away. The surface is also bumpy. Even in the car it was easy to see how this bend could make a serious attempt on one’s life. The good news is that the bend now has a recommended speed sign the reads 50kph. I suggest this bend should be done at slooow speed but with Rob also marking it, we should have no trouble at all.

All we need now is good weather.
                              Please, call me Flash...

Comment

Working...
                              X