Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250 Friendly Ride today?

Just putting it out there.

I was driving through gidgegannup the other day and saw a heap of bikes on the road. thought that on a decent day i would get out there on the bike.

Thinking about heading out at about 12ish if anyone is free and wants to come. I've never been on a group ride, and i am on a CBF250, so i will be going at CBF250 pace, but if anyone faster wants to come along, i wont feel bad at all if you take off at your own pace. Just dont expect me to keep up.

I'm near Carousel so prob leave from that sort of area.

Meet 1pm outside the foundry.
    Last edited by PBF; 03-09-2009, 12:10 PM. Reason: time and place sorted

i could be keen if you can push it back till 1-130ish, wheelie keen to get out. if thats going to be too late i may be able to do 12. Where you heading?
    Originally posted by Rocket
    Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

Comment

Interested, how long you planning to being out for ?

I recently got new tyres put on the black shadow and wouldn't mind doing some distance to help get off the wax off.
      When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Originally posted by lobes89
      Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

I'll be free from around 3ish.. If that times ok i don't mind meeting at caro them heading up if you wan2lead.
        Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Yeah might be keen if i get some stuff organised before then.
          Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
          1985 - 2009

Comment

damn work wish i was at home right now so i can come for a ride.
            ZippySig.com

Comment

Well i was thinking about heading out to o'brien road, and was going to go solo but thought anyone else wanting to come along would be great.

as far as a group ride and leading and such, like i said i am pretty new to it all so if there is any more than a couple of people, thats brilliant, but would prob be better for everyone if someone other than me set the pace.

also, i'm not going to be in the least bit offended if you faster lot want to stretch the legs a bit and take off. i'll still enjoy it.

could push it back to 1ish if it suits people more. wasn't really thinking about any time frame to get back. 2-3 hours later? longer if its going too well.

Comment

yeh mate i'd be keen to meet you outside the foundry @ 1
                Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

Comment

Just as a suggestion, don't do obriens by yourself...

I went on obriens monday and theres a lot of shit on the road...
                  1985 - 2009

Comment

there are a couple of options for rides if ob's is covered in shit, although it is always best to do a reccy if you want to go quick. Atleast with ob's you can ride the one way to scope it then have fun on the way back. i can lead if you want dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Yagadan View Post
                      Just as a suggestion, don't do obriens by yourself...

I went on obriens monday and theres a lot of shit on the road...
                      Yeah? cheers for that. more tips like that i can get the better.

looks like there will be company now though.

1 outside the foundry it is then ozzypatrol and any others.

Comment

That road always seems to be bad.

I havn't been up there in ages, is there still blue metal everywhere ?

I'll have to take the bike out and see how bad the wax factor is if we're heading out that way
                        When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Originally posted by lobes89
                        Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Dave View Post
                          That road always seems to be bad.

I havn't been up there in ages, is there still blue metal everywhere ?

I'll have to take the bike out and see how bad the wax factor is if we're heading out that way
                          Yeah the blue metal where shortfuze crashed on the R1 ride is still a bit there...

Still outside the foundry at 1? Just working out where it is now but should be there..
                          1985 - 2009

Comment

did Obs in reverse on Sat and wasnt too bad - altho there was a sheep running around near the bridge...
                            sigpic
                            http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Yagadan View Post

Still outside the foundry at 1?
                              Yep.

added to first post.

Comment

Working...
                              X