Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOR Ride Crew Presents... Action Shots! (start time changed)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event NOR Ride Crew Presents... Action Shots! (start time changed)

Alrighty,

Been thinking about this one for a while. I'm not a professional photographer, but I want to try and get some nice riding action shots. I will need at least 2 other people to make this work.

Looking at Saturday afternoon CYA*, which will definitely be weather dependent.

Secondly, I'm planning to just use by 7MP digital camera. If someone has a better camera we can use that one instead. If anyone is a photographer and wants to help out or teach me how to do this, that would be welcome too.

Thirdly - open here to discussion is a few good places(preferably NOR because I don't want to spend the time travelling all around perth) to attempt the feat. Quiet streets with nice scenery could work, also double laned roads where we can take the shot of the motorcyclist riding from the passenger seat of a car in an adjacent lane. We can use my car, but I'm hoping someone will volunteer a van or something to allow us to better position the camera.

Fourthly if you want to participate or input, post up. I will be limiting numbers to about 10 people for the first attempt (if there is even that much interest). If all goes well and we figure out a good methodology, we can try and organize it for more people with a few groups running simultaneously another day.

Note: One thing I do not want is accidents. If we're taking photos of you from the car, you are to ride normally and concentrate on where you are going. Any posing is entirely at your own risk.

I would love to have a large crisp pic of me on the bike hanging on my lounge room wall

Edit: Here is what I have planned.

When: Details Removed CYA*
    Where: Details Removed CYA*
    Who: Starting with a group of 10 riders. No limit to spectators. Post up if you can definately make it and I'll add you to the list.

List (R=Rider, S=Spectator). Pitch in a couple of bucks each for fuel to keep Polony happy.

1. Zed7Fiddy (R)
    2. Polony (S)
    3. Yagadan (R)
    4. Burlyoaf* (R)
    5. Dink (S)
    6. Sentry (R) - TBC
    7. Koola (R)
    8. Davidhover5 (R) - TBC
    9. Bendito (R)
    10. Scottyj (R)
    11. Leekscurlock (R)
    12. bobinatcat (R)
    13. andy_b (R)
    14. Pips (R)
    15. T-Bone (R)

To Bring Cameras:

1. Me
    2. Dink
    3. Leekscurlock
    4. Bobinatcat
    5. Pips

*CYA = Cover Your Arse
    Last edited by zed7fiddy; 04-10-2009, 03:44 PM.
    Nothing from something.

Interesting idea...

I have no camera and no van but i'd come along..
    Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
    1985 - 2009

Comment

Well have read up a bit on it, my digital camera does have an action setting and I've just tested it... pretty excited it looks like this may work quite well.
      Last edited by zed7fiddy; 16-09-2009, 11:49 PM.
      Nothing from something.

Comment

interested, same boat as yagadan

Comment

I like it

I am keen depeneding on what I have on that weekend.

At the moment I can think of nothing.

Check the link in my sig if you are interested.
          Flickr Gallery
          Smugmug Gallery

Comment

I have a Canon Powershot Pro 1, not a DSLR but not a bad camera. We can use this if I am home on the weekend you are planning to do it but not avail til Oct 10th
            Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

Interested.

"Always out-numbered, never out-gunned"

Comment

Fascinated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dink View Post
                  I like it

I am keen depeneding on what I have on that weekend.

At the moment I can think of nothing.

Check the link in my sig if you are interested.
                  Having someone more experienced than me would go down well (which isn't that hard because I have very little experience). You got some good pics there, so if you have any suggestions as to how to make this work, feel free to give me a run down.

I'll bring my digicam but if you have a better camera that could work as well?

Originally posted by Waikikamucau View Post
                  I have a Canon Powershot Pro 1, not a DSLR but not a bad camera. We can use this if I am home on the weekend you are planning to do it but not avail til Oct 10th
                  Yeh I'm looking at October 3 at the moment, but should we do it again we can definately look at teeing something up.
                  Nothing from something.

Comment

HEEEE-Interested... Do you want a very pretty VTR in the mix?
                    FEADCinc, PSB?

Comment

why not?
                      Nothing from something.

Comment

i might make it bro, ive tried taking pics of myself during riding so I know how hard it is...
                        Im damn sure it will be a lot easier with someone else holding the camera
                        sex on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by zed7fiddy View Post
                          You got some good pics there.......
                          Thank you.

so if you have any suggestions as to how to make this work, feel free to give me a run down.
                          When there is a definite location and attendee's it might be easier to sort it out. I know what I would be after as the photographer but being new to Perth I am not too sure of good locations that are good and far enough away from Police and Public to be suitable. For the moving style of shot a van would be great but you might be able to get away with a car as long as someone can drive. The photographer doesn't need to be moving to get good shots but it gives another option if people are keen for that type of shot.

Numbers- You might want to consider a smaller number than you first put up, purely from a safety point of view. Too many moving objects = sure fire accident.

If it works well another day can be easily done.

I'll bring my digicam but if you have a better camera that could work as well?
                          I am good for gear but other people taking photo's is fine. You don't need awesome gear to get a fantastic shot.

PM me if you want to talk specifics or better yet maybe we can catch up for a beer. I enjoy doing this sort of stuff so unless something major comes up I am in all the way.
                          Flickr Gallery
                          Smugmug Gallery

Comment

Asking for numbers now, 10 people to begin with. Details updated in first post.
                            Nothing from something.

Comment

Bump.. day is getting closer... anybody actually want to come? heh..

Meeting point added above
                              Nothing from something.

Comment

Working...
                              X