$500 rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $500 rally

Sorry to be bringing the topic of cars onto PSB, i was just asking around and seeing who would be interested in the idea of a $500 rally.

The basic idea is, you buy a car for no more then $500 and you are not aloud to make any modafications apart from crash cages and basic tuning.

Me and some mates got the idea after buying a 85 nissan pulsar for $300 to bang around nangara with, and we started thinking why isent there anything in WA where anyone can participate in racing, it costs a crap load to get into racing motorbikes/cars or otherwise, why not just buy a cheap car, take it to a set track somewhere out of the way and have some fun, there are tons of $500 cars laying around the wreakers, we even found a r31 skyline, it had another car parked ontop of it, but it still ran.

I just wanted to see how many ppl would be interested in something like this
    good idea
    87.50%
    would never work
    12.50%

autokhana clubs allow entries like this.
    The Twitter

Comment

yeah as above, you could only run it in autokhana or kanacross type events, there is a reason it costs lots to get into propper rallying as hitting a tree at 150kph in a car not prepped for it is not a lot of fun (and cams/aasa will not insure such events!)

join a club and get into autokhanas!

Comment

ok kool, dident know that lol

Comment

there's always the demo derby at the Ellenbrook speedway (now located in Bindoon)
          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

sounds like a fun idea, i think they have something like it in europe, saw it on top gear, and underage drivers can get in on it!

*ot. should this be in another section?

Comment

We run a private event like this down at my mates farm in lake grace, 2 race tracks all graded out and sign posted.

Current rally cars include 1x honda civic (free), 1x FB RX7 ($50), 2x excels (free) 1x 200b datto (free)

We head down every now and again for long weekends with batteries and fuel to go thrash around

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7cdnoSl0Fo]YouTube - excel jumping[/ame]
              RAM MOTOSPORT ZX10 RR#191

Comment

haha! thats awesome! where does one get free working cars from?

Comment

They already have an event like this racing Dunnydores on a Gravel Track somewhere.
                  You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Sounds like the Indy 500 over in NZ, except this is all offroad stuff.
                    I would definately be interested in attending
                    Originally posted by Desmo
                    Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Working...
                    X