Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish

What polish do you use for paint and for chrome
    And what is the name of the polish they sell around Shopping center car parks and is it any good
    Cheers Paul
    I HAD A BREEZE UP MY SHORTS AND IT FELT LIKE CHRISTMAS!!

I use a Kitten car polish #1 on paint, and Autosol on metal which works wonders!

Comment

Hi paul,

Is that the one in the white, red and blcak can that also is a cleaner? If it is the same product (can't remember the name) then I used it for a while now. The product itself is pretty good, but I don't spray it directly onto the bike because it gets into places you can't easily wipe it off.

I spray it onto a cloth and then rub it on ten buff it off. Works well and gives a good shine. Friend uses Mr Sheen and swears by it - and his bike looks the goods.
      Life seems more precious when there's less of it to waste.

Comment

thats the one the white red black one they set up near the front doors of the shops and chase people down anyone know the name of it that would be grand

Comment

FW1 Racing Formula
          High Performance Cleaning Wax with CARNAUBA
          What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Just cleaned my bike the other day,thought it looked OK,son walked in,not impressed,went over it with Mr Sheen.Definite improvement!

Comment

good to see you today bill any bargains at the shop

Comment

Originally posted by lippy View Post
                What polish do you use for paint
                Menzerna

and for chrome
                Autosol

And what is the name of the polish they sell around Shopping center car parks
                FW1?

and is it any good
                Sure, if you like fillers
                Originally posted by Melkor
                The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

good to see you today bill any bargains at the shop
                  Not surprised they've gone broke,saddlebags reduced from $895.00 to $695! Same bags 450.00 allover.Said I had just had a rear tyre fitted at west coast for $228.00($22.00 cheaper than tyres for bikes,same tyre)they said Yamaha would have charged an hours labour for fitting.No reduction on helmets,which was my interest.Was that your blue C50? great colour.
                  Hope to see you on a ride soon,let me know when you're home and we'll get something up,I ride every sunday to somewhere

Comment

Yup that was my c50 blue

Comment

I use Kitten number 1,its hard to beat and use the coloured polish on the scratches. I get a good result using the Kitten on the chrome as well.
                      I use the Kitten shampoo for washing the bike
                      Triumph Rocket
                      Yamaha TT600R Belgarda
                      XT 250 Yamaha
                      SYM HD200
                      SYM Shark 125

Comment

thats the one the white red black one they set up near the front doors of the shops and chase people down anyone know the name of it that would be grand
                        Is that the one with no water? I think its a jewellers polish. If its what I think it is,its only good if the surface has already been polished.
                        I suspect it maybe detrimental to the paint in the long term.
                        I tried it once,didnt work nearly as good as in the demo.
                        Triumph Rocket
                        Yamaha TT600R Belgarda
                        XT 250 Yamaha
                        SYM HD200
                        SYM Shark 125

Comment

I use Mr Sheen to clean everything and I go over the plastic and paint again with Armorall.

Comment

Originally posted by BikeRider View Post
                            I go over the plastic and paint again with Armorall.
                            Please don't ever put Armorall on your paint work. The base compound in it (I think silicone, or was it oil based I can't remember) penetrates the whole way down into the base metal and cannot be removed. I know of panel beater doing resto's who's had to replace whole panels on cars with new metals as the old had previously had Armorall on it, and the metal could not be treated to take fresh paint to the point he was willing to warranty his work.

Comment

Autosol for chrome/stainless/aluminium Maquires Techwax for the paint.

[edit: just saw the last post. Armourall is like wiping shit on your stuff]
                              -

Comment

Working...
                              X