What model Harley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What model Harley

Here is a photo of the Harley we were talking about it's an 86 what type is it
    Attached Files
    I HAD A BREEZE UP MY SHORTS AND IT FELT LIKE CHRISTMAS!!

fat boy? but the forks are all wrong

Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

I wouldve thought more along the lines of Softtail but I'm looking at it on my phone so pic is a bit small.

Comment

I couldnt get any more accurate than being a Softail, possibly early 90's model
        National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

its a 1986 harley
          fat boys i was told weren't release till 1990

Comment

Looks like a Softail Standard, just the plain jane base model of the time, not that there's anything wrong with that!

How much did your Dad want for it, or more to the point, how much was he going to charge you if you bought it?

Comment

Don't know it's not for sale

Comment

Thats an early model softail standard!
                Correct, first fat boy was released in 1990...

Comment

+1 softail standard.

Comment

The black and chrome motor indicates it could ba an 86 softail custom with different seat and bars.

Comment

It's defo an early chain drive softail, before they went to belt drives so I think it may be a four speed and probably have a kick start as well as electric start.

If you're looking for a cheap project Harley, it may be cheap to buy, but if the whole thing is tired and needs rebuilding, then the costs will soon mount up.

And then at the end of all that spending, you'll still just have an old, chain drive, four speed Harley with a points ignition.

I would pass it by and spend money on a decent one.
                      CAUTION: ATTEMPTING TO OVERTAKE THIS VEHICLE MAY RESULT IN A HIGH SPEED WHEELIE

Comment

Nope it's first of the five speed

Comment

If its a five speed then its gotta be at least a 87 mode
                          WHEN INJUSTICE BECOMES LAW DEFIANCE BECOMES DUTY

A true friend is someone who'll help you dig the grave and dispose of the body, asking no questions and needing no explanation

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names or what they did...

They say the pen is mightier then the sword, but that was before guns were invented...

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket View Post
                            And then at the end of all that spending, you'll still just have an old, chain drive, four speed Harley with a points ignition.
                            You're suggesting those are bad things!?

Comment

Working...
                            X