Cruisers at Trackdayz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruisers at Trackdayz

Seriously, I seem to be a lone cruiser, why?
    Friends are like potatoes, if you eat them they die.

Originally posted by Jomac View Post
    Seriously, I seem to be a lone cruiser, why?
    more like a cafe racer than a cruiser.
    Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
    Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

I took my Aquilla to one at the old RAC.
      Would love to see a less "racebike" oriented trackday and look at the egonomics involved in other bikes.
      Friends are like potatoes, if you eat them they die.

Comment

If it was for less Sport orintated bikes I would bring along the trusty old Yammi for a wrap around the track.

Would be funny though, seeing a track with a bunch of cruisers/non-sports bikes running around a track.

Would be interesting though.
        Peace out

Comment

could you just imagine how many bikes would be trailered home that day?

*thump thump thump* goes the v-twin up the hill.

*oh, sweet, no brakes*

*oh, sweet, no ground clearance*

insert epic shower of sparks followed by gratuitous amounts of fail >here<
          The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

The old Yammi didn't do too bad in the Mundaring the other day. Was told wasn't too long behind all the Supersport bikes that I was following.

Brakes didn't fail, even though they were red hot after getting off the bike. Leaning I must say was an issue.

Mainly because mine has a Car wheel on the back not like bikes of today which are round and dont have a 3 inch side wall.

It would be mainly to see how far you could push a cruiser, not be racing for positions.

I would assume many would after going around the track decide they like it and then buy more suitable bikes to hoon
            around the track on.
            Peace out

Comment

I think a cruzer day would be great
              i would sit at turn 7 , have a few beers and enjoy a great days entertainment
              REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
              (anarchy in english )

Comment

Originally posted by 96 View Post
                could you just imagine how many bikes would be trailered home that day?

*thump thump thump* goes the v-twin up the hill.

*oh, sweet, no brakes*

*oh, sweet, no ground clearance*

insert epic shower of sparks followed by gratuitous amounts of fail >here<
                Could you imagine a sports bike rider posting flames in a cruiser sub- forum?
                *blah blah blah* goes the sport biker into the depths.
                *oh, sweet, no thought processes*
                *oh, sweet, Im drowning in chromed bits*
                insert epic shower of righteous Cruiser rage followed by Mods reminding everyone once again that this is the CRUISER section.
                Seriously, they started their own section so they wouldnt have to keep copping flak 96- stop playing in their sandpit. You wanna read about cruisers in your threads?
                Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Comment

Oh, my bad... Didn't even notice this was the cruiser thread. Thought we were in track time.

Tbh, I don't mind the cruisers joining in on the forums pages, plenty of room left on the internetz anyway!

Ok so serious time... Not all to sure it would be a feasable option for the organizers. I don't beleive that many people would show up, nor how quick the news would get out to the target audience given their current market.

Throw em an email though? Maybe get a handfull if commitments from fellow cruiser riders first to validate your request?
                  The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

There has always been the occasional cruiser at trakdayz and some of them went around surprisingly fast. But that was not the reason the guys and girls went on there. The huge smile after they came back in the pits was all the explanation needed.

If you can arrange for 22 cruisers to book out a trakday, then have a chat to Nic. Stoney arranged for girls only trakdayz and I can't see why this would be an issue for cruisers only either.
                    SP RACINGis supported by:
                    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Oh, my bad... Didn't even notice this was the cruiser thread. Thought we were in track time.

Tbh, I don't mind the cruisers joining in on the forums pages, plenty of room left on the internetz anyway!
                      Sorry, my bad this time for assuming you wouldnt want cruisers posting in your threads Apologies
                      Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Comment

I always planned on attending one of the trackdays on my cruiser. But before I did that, I had to get my footpegs welded further back so that they didn't grind against the ground as much. Never got around doing that, so never got a chance to hit the tracks. I just couldn't justify paying $200 odd to scrape my pegs. I just did that for free on public roads instead.

words.......
                        Most of your "sportsbike" riding buddies have had issues keeping up with me on MNRs, even while I was on my cruiser. Some of their excuses were, "roads are too dark", "my tyre pressure was low","was low on fuel and didn't want to accelerate too much", "too much gravel on the road", "my brakes weren't functioning", etc.

Comment

Theres always the odd cruiser there (Rhonz has taken hers before) but I couldnt take mine because it has been lowered and wouldnt do well on the track.
                          Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

Comment

I think Rhonz can take her new Honda Shadow to the tracks and have a great time there. The footpegs on that bike are more towards the back as compared to the older models of cruisers where the footpegs are way too forward.

Comment

Took the Intruder early this year. Wanted to learn about cornering. The instructors were great. Do it - but start up the back and let the sports bikes blat. Am taking the 750 on 14th August. Cant wait.
                              DESIDERATA

Comment

Working...
                              X