New Harley Davidson 750 and 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Harley Davidson 750 and 500

Just announced today, new 750cc and 500cc water cooled HD models.

More info at Cyril Huze:
    Breaking News. Harley-Davidson Reveals The Street 750 And Street 500 On An All-New Platform (Part 1) at Cyril Huze Post

WTF is that big boxy radiator looking thing up the front?
    reminds me a bit of a Yamaha cruiser like a cross between the bolt and the 950
    engine sounds like it might be a smaller vrod type.
    National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

[MENTION=42403]Cool Harley Guy[/MENTION]
      2013 Ducati 1199 Panigale
      2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R x2
      2012 KAWASAKI ZX6R SUPERSTOCK RACE BIKE (Alive Again!)
      2009 YAMAHA R6 SUPERSPORT TRACK/RACE BIKE
      2008 HONDA CBR1000RR SUPERBIKE TRACK/RACE BIKE
      2012 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 PRODUCTION RACE BIKE

Comment

water cooled block - "Looks" big

its got the badge

v -star sales are soo gunna dive
        Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

Be interesting to know where it's made, wonder if this could be built at the new plant in India...

Comment

kinda like a 50 cc vespa

where will it end?

Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Comment

LAMS approved?

Comment

Originally posted by mcmurray View Post
                LAMS approved?
                I expect the 500 cc will be, not sure where the 750 fit in though.
                National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

“Born out of the custom tradition of tearing down a motorcycle to its raw, minimal essence” When the Street will hit dealers in selected markets in 2014, the MSRP’s should be $6700USD for the 500 model, $7500USD for the 750 model. Both bikes are built around an all-new frame in which is cradled a new fuel-injected, liquid-cooled Revolution X motor keeping the pure, deep thumping Harley-Davidson V-Twin engine rumble.. The 2 Street models feature the first all-black in the line-up (since the 70’s) 2 into 1 upswept exhaust. Belt final drive. Total weight is 480 lbs. Seat height is just under 25”. Steel tank and fenders. Cafe style speed screen. All engine covers, pullback handlebars are blacked out. LED taillight and mini-bullet turn signals. 17” front wheel.

Comment

Here's the official website:
                    Street 750 & 500 Motorcycles | Harley-Davidson USA

Comment

I think this is a brilliant move by harley. New water-cooled models aimed at the younger part on their demographic will make it easier to transition the bigger bikes to water cooling in coming years.
                      Originally posted by Desmo
                      Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
                        I think this is a brilliant move by harley. New water-cooled models aimed at the younger part on their demographic will make it easier to transition the bigger bikes to water cooling in coming years.
                        Exactly!! Being able to secure a rider from their very first bike when their learning to ride and allow for a gradual progression up the scale in size and price point, could secure a rider for life.

Comment

Man I was looking forward to HD using the buell blast engine, I dont know what I think of these but I think its a great move by HD. When I buy another harley it will be a 90's evolution. But id like to test ride these ones, obviously based on the vrod engine I guess ??

They look a lot better than the Boulevards that seem pretty popular, and if they are priced around or less than sportys people will be more inclined to get their hands dirty with them maybe
                          Last edited by Iron_Zombie; 05-11-2013, 12:07 PM.
                          Fuck this, lets ride

Comment

Originally posted by Iron_Zombie View Post
                            Man I was looking forward to HD using the buell blast engine, I dont know what I think of these but I think its a great move by HD. When I buy another harley it will be a 90's evolution. But id like to test ride these ones, obviously based on the vrod engine I guess ??
                            I think it's a completely new engine, just styled to look like the Vrod.

Interesting to see how hamstrung they will be. Wet weight is pretty low and water cooling will allow them to put out a bit of power if they so desire.
                            Originally posted by Desmo
                            Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Love Harley, don't really like the look of the front end. Might be something historically I'm missing. It just looks a little Frankenstein.

Comment

Working...
                              X