Funny warts and all Bonneville review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny warts and all Bonneville review

Im picking up a new bonnie this weekend, and came across this in my search for info. Pretty funny, and in no way makes me regret my decision, except that engine mount..

'Tis easier to ask forgiveness, than it is to get permission..

Fukin Gold!

Just about all the items that irritate him I have fixed on my 2010 Thruxton, except probably the most important one, Shit Brake Syndrome.

I did think the front brakes were good until I took my R1 Track bike out on, you guessed it The Track, then I found out how front brakes are supposed to work. My Triumph front brakes are a real disappointment and I should spend 'fousands' replacing them sooner or later. Probably sooner as we all know what later actually means, after I crashed!

Who gives a shit about the rear brake anyway......

The vid is entertaining and a must for anyone contemplating getting a retro looking Triumph.

Comment

Excellent no punches pulled there.
      Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

"everytime I look at this bike side on, I see this....fucken.....bracket!"

lol....vey funny.

he should have bought a street triple.

Comment

Wish all reviews were like this.

Then an educated decision could be made instead of sifting through countless pages of gushing hyperbole' masquerading as journalism.

This bloke could be the next Ash on bikes , but with a truly amusing talent for sarcasm.
          Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

He's also done a how to, same kind of video.

"pain is temporary glory is forever" - unknown

Comment

Love this vid, posted on TriumphRAT, waiting for the ban hammer from them :-)
              Originally posted by Skut
              ...the problem is that no-one wants to listen to an expert, just to have their own position/circumstance supported or be acknowledged.

Comment

Sack that Boris idiot and give the man a job at AMCN.

10/10 review

Comment

Picked mine up this morning, and rode back to donnybrook. Didnt quite notice the shit br ake syndrome, but that suspension is definately in need of something... Throttle is a bit touchy after riding the gsxr, and overtaking manouvers need a bit more forward thought..

Comment

Best. Review. Ever.
                    It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh Yerbouti View Post
                      Picked mine up this morning, and rode back to donnybrook. Didnt quite notice the shit br ake syndrome, but that suspension is definately in need of something... Throttle is a bit touchy after riding the gsxr, and overtaking manouvers need a bit more forward thought..
                      I guess the suspension is the same rubbish they put on the Rocket3. I swapped them for the Progressive 440(superceded by the 444) I also changed the brake pads for EBC gold double h sintered or something like that. Improved the handling and braking immeasurably.
                      I was talking to some new Bonny riders the other day.Their biggest gripe was the fuel tank range and the seat. They were hoping the fuel range would improve after the bikes were run in. Another owner told me he changed the seat out for the optional king and queen seat after the original ironing board and the gel seats proved no good.
                      Triumph Rocket
                      Yamaha TT600R Belgarda
                      XT 250 Yamaha
                      SYM HD200
                      SYM Shark 125

Comment

Originally posted by thumper humper View Post
                        I guess the suspension is the same rubbish they put on the Rocket3. I swapped them for the Progressive 440(superceded by the 444) I also changed the brake pads for EBC gold double h sintered or something like that. Improved the handling and braking immeasurably.
                        I was talking to some new Bonny riders the other day.Their biggest gripe was the fuel tank range and the seat. They were hoping the fuel range would improve after the bikes were run in. Another owner told me he changed the seat out for the optional king and queen seat after the original ironing board and the gel seats proved no good.
                        Yeah, the seat and suspension needs immediate attention, the gel seats are no good? Didnt really want to go the k+q option, looks like something off a harley, might go the cafe single seat. Also lower bars and a screen might cure the windsock effect. Got 800km up now, getting used to the light throttle,even smoked a couple of commodores at the lights yesterday.. The predators have a great bark on the top fuel launches.

Comment

what about this for a seat.. pricey but might be worth it?

Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Triumph Bonneville | 800-538-7035

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh Yerbouti View Post
                            Yeah, the seat and suspension needs immediate attention, the gel seats are no good? Didnt really want to go the k+q option, looks like something off a harley, might go the cafe single seat. Also lower bars and a screen might cure the windsock effect. Got 800km up now, getting used to the light throttle,even smoked a couple of commodores at the lights yesterday.. The predators have a great bark on the top fuel launches.
                            Comfortable doesn't usually look great(ask a harley owner). Your best(and cheapest) bet might be to get the seat reshaped/restuffed with harder foam. Maybe the gel seat would be ok for you,everyones different.

The flyscreen on my rocket was the best option I have bought. Works better than the windscreen and doesn't hinder your vision. The windscreen caused severe buffeting and was a magnet for bugs.
                            When you do the suspension,make sure you put a spring kit in the front as well. I found they were as much a problem as the rears.
                            Triumph Rocket
                            Yamaha TT600R Belgarda
                            XT 250 Yamaha
                            SYM HD200
                            SYM Shark 125

Comment

Working...
                            X